Chapter 62: Sairokaku

The real game had begun, and they were only on the second story. There were three floors in total, and this one was mainly opened up. The only problem here is that the whole place is rigged with booby traps!

One of the officers was nearly impaled in the skull with a spear, despite the fact that Sairokaku had always said he didn't want to hurt heroes. His excuse was he forgot to tell them, and they weren't sure if he was spouting crap or not.

Was he lying the whole time? Was he even in the building? Was he just toying with them before ultimately kill them all just before they reach the end? Those were some of the questions going through everyone's minds.

Shinsou was very frustrated, considering he had bad experiences relating to mind games and screwing with people when the villain could easily kill their prey. It made him sick, why waste the time making them suffer, at least mentally?

" Stand back, we've got this! " Kamui Woods said as he started using his extendable limbs to check for deadly traps.

Edgeshot stopped him though, " No, don't! You may be able to create a safe pathway by using up all the dangerous traps, but if you trigger more gas sprays it could fill the room faster.

Remember what Sairokaku said? The gas gets worse from here on out. This whole floor could be a minefield or a gas chamber, or both. We have to figure then out and disarm them. "

Kamui Woods didn't stop though, " If I do indeed trigger the gas, I'll grab us all and run through! "

He was suddenly unable to use his quirk though as they all saw Mr Aizawa's hair stand on end and his eyes glow red.

" Kamui Woods, I respect you a lot, but quite frankly you rush things too fast. I know you want to help us get through as fast as possible and ensure victory, but we have to think this through. Our battle isn't physical, it's mental. We have to use our heads, not our quirks. If you really want to ensure victory without losing any lives, we need to be careful, not reckless. "

Kamui Woods relaxed his muscles a bit and sighed, closing his eyes and looking down as Mr Aizawa stopped using Erasure on him. Kamui Woods then returned his limbs to their proper place.

" What do we do then? If we wait too long, they'll escape or kill us! " One of the officers said.

Edgeshot examined the floor and noticed it was mainly wooden planks, with tiny slits in between each plank. He looked at her floor intensely before using Foldabody to slide down underneath them.

" Edgeshot, what are you doing? " Kamui Woods asked.

" I'm going to search for traps beneath the floorboards. I can't search the whole room though, it's a freakish amalgamation of awful architecture, some parts are blocked off. "

He came back up moments later giving everyone the thumbs up. " All the traps are disarmed from the floor in front of us in the wooded area. There's still a small portion of the room I can't reach. "

He was referring to the part of the room nearing the doorway to the next stairwell that was all concrete, not floorboards. Everyone walked over to that point with no issues, but got stumped again as to what to do.

An officer walked forward and put his hand on the floor, " My quirk is Scan, I can scan the contents of anything made of concrete once per ten minutes in a radius of up to two meters.

It's like an x-ray for concrete, and it's useful for checking cargo holds for drug smuggling and things like that if the cargo in question is a statue or something. I didn't think I'd get the chance to use it here. "

The visual was quite interesting, his palm glowed green against the concrete and a green beam appeared like a line one metre from either of his hand. It then scanned forward a further two meters.