Chapter 15: Beach

I was walking through the city alone. I didn't feel anything, no sense of where I was going, neither warm nor cold. I was just walking.

In the distance, I saw Tsu, facing away from me, just standing there idly. I hurried over to her and tapped her shoulder.

"Tsu-chan!" I called out excitedly.

She turned to face me, with all the wrong facial features. Her face had turned into an oni mask, and her eyes glowed red as her hair burnt away and her body changed shape.

She grew bigger and sucker punched me in the chest, sending me flying backwards for what felt like ages.

I hit a lamppost and fell flat on my back. I sat up, and was grabbed by the throat by the oni masked Tsu.

"Look around you, Alakan." She said, her voice merging with Kinzokuma's in a demonic echo.

Her hand changed to liquid metal which flowed over my mouth and nose, filling them up. I couldn't breathe. My body hung limp in her grasp.

My gaze was focussed suddenly to several people around me. The same liquid metal was flowing up their bodies.

Ryukyu, Midoriya, Tetsutetsu, and a random person I'd never met before, were being overtaken and held hostage by the liquid metal.

Tetsutetsu turned to steel, and I tried to cry out to him, stretching my hand in his direction weakly. His body melted into the oni masked Tsu.

"You can't save them. You can't save them. You can't save them."

That line kept repeating itself over and over as the other three hostages started dying in front of me. I started losing consciousness.

I gasped and my eyes shot open. I sat up, breathing heavily. Another nightmare. I rubbed my eyes as I checked the time. Six thirty in the morning.

It was the day of the beach meetup, and I was awake way too early. The meetup wouldn't be until noon. I sighed and tried to go back to sleep.

I tossed and turned a few times, and after half an hour I gave up, grunting as I threw myself out of my bed. I went downstairs to go start my morning routine.

The day prior I'd taken it easy, even though I also woke up from a nightmare. But today I wanted to train a bit and organise the gathering a bit better.

I'd bought a volleyball and a net that was rather simple to set up, which I'd be bringing. I also had gotten new swimwear, as it had actually been so long since I went to the beach or a swimming pool that I had outgrown my last pair.

Receiving a text from Iida, I look at my phone to see who it was and what it was about.

Iida: Many apologies, Alex-kun! During my work experience, I sustained injuries to my shoulders from overworking myself, and will not be able to attend today's beach party!

Me: Wow, hope you're alright. See you at school tomorrow, rest well.

A little disappointing, but understandable. I didn't know about Stain yet, so just thought he'd hurt himself doing too much heavy lifting or something.

Other than that, no one told me they wouldn't be able to make it. So after getting ready and working out until it was time to go, I left my house and caught the train down to the nearest beach.

During my journey on the train, I texted Tsu, who also had an interesting experience during the week. She told me about Innsmouth, and how Selkie saved her.

Me: That's so exciting! I'm glad you're alright, I'll have to thank Selkie if ever I get to meet him.

Tsu: Not nearly as exciting as what you went through. I saw the news, you saved Ryukyu's life? That's amazing!