Chapter 19

"I apologize for the wait. The airship will soon arrive at its destination." Beans says over the intercom. I exit my room and start heading for the airship's main room.

Once reaching the main room I lean on a wall and wait. "Hey, I saw that (girl/guy) exit Hisoka's room!" someone whispers from across the room. A conversation I'm so listening to!

"Wait, really? Do you think they fucked?" The other guy whispered back.

"Probably, they do tend to hang around him a lot!" Ah yes, you can only talk to people you want to fuck.

"Wait, They fucked?" Someone else questions.

"Yeah! I saw them and Hisoka enter a room then close the door!" Closing a door equals sex now?

"They really fucked Hisoka? I'm a much better option!" Wait what?

"No way! I'm definitely a better option then all of you!"  Are- Are people fighting over me?

"I'm way better than both of you!" They are! People are actually fighting over me!

Their conversation was sadly cut short when the airship landed. Once the doors opened everyone started to file out of the airship.

"What is this place?" Someone asked once off the airship.

"There's nothing here." Wow! What an amazing observation!

"Ahem..." Beans said to get everyones attention. "Everyone, the exam's Third Phase will begin here, at the top of Trick Tower. To pass this phase, you must reach the tower's base alive. The time limit is seventy-two hours. With that, we will begin the Third Phase. I will pray for your success. Best of luck everyone!" He explained.

"Are we supposed to climb down?" No, there's no way to survive that.

"That would be suicide..." See?

"Maybe for a nor-" Oh well, there I go, down to hell. Seriously, where am I though?

"Hello, my name is Lippo. I am the prison warden here, as well as the Third Phase examiner. Multiple routes through this tower have been prepared. You have chosen the path  'Death's Door'." Well that sounds promising.

"You will be fighting ten of the Tower's prisoners. You must either kill your opponent, or force them to forfeit. Each prisoner will be stronger than the last. You may enter a break room in between each fight, or you may continue fighting without break. For every hour you are here, the prisoners will get one year of their sentence removed. On top of that, the prisoner who kills you will get fifty extra years off their sentence. Please exit through the hallway behind you once you wish to start fighting. Good luck." The examiner explained.

I start to walk towards the hallway. I have nothing else to do after all. "Akira, 70-year sentence, robbery and drug-trafficking." The examiner says while I walk into the arena like room.

"I'm the weakest, but I can still beat your ass! I recommend just giving up!" The prisoner shouts. all brawn no brain, I examine.

"Not gonna forfeit? Then I'll just beat you to a pulp!" The prisoner shouts, now running at me. I swiftly dodge a punch aimed at my face, then use my dagger to slice his throat. That was surprisingly easy...

"The first prisoner has been killed, meaning you have won the match. You may enter the break room located on your left, or you may wait there until the next prisoner comes." The examiner says. I notice some guards start to clean up the arena, grabbing the body, getting rid of blood. I guess I can't use the dead bodies as human meat shields then...

"Aoi, 156-year sentence, robbery, murder, and arson."

"Hakura, 189-year sentence, serial bombings, rape."