Chapter Four: An Idiot Idea

When Y/N and her family walked into the kitchen to eat brekafast, Chef Saltbaker already had plates out with food and everything, Y/N, her mother and father greatly appreciated Saltbaker for doing this. Her mother suggested Y/N and Saltbaker to "get to know each other" but Y/N stopped her mother before she could talk, and Saltbaker loved the bitter sweet family a lot, Y/N grew onto Saltbaker fast.

Then after breakfast Chef Saltbaker left for the bakery, before that! He sat down with the family and shared a bond almost with Y/N but her father told Saltbaker to back off a bit or more, and he did just that! Then Y/N mentioned that Saltbaker would be a good house husband but took her words back and blushed for the first time. Her parents were okay with it though, but Saltbaker blushed in secret.

At the bakery, Y/N ran into the bakery like no one else is there and she went up to the counter, Chef Saltbaker took his time with Y/N but she couldn't wait to tell him but she did, and Saltbaker got a bit worried for her.

"Okay, so what is it that you need?" asked Chef Saltbaker.

"Uh- well- you see- Cuphed didn't get one ingredient and now he's a ghost, because I told him to get some muddy clay for a project I'm work on!" replied Y/N, being less dramatic then at the beginning.

"How did he die?" asked Chef Saltbaker (again).

"He- well... First he died by getting wet clay inside his head, then he died by slipping on mud, next he died by a very big branch landing on him. And well- he's in his ghost form.. And Mugman told me to tell you.." said Y/N, choosing her words carefully.

"Alright, take me to the boys." said Chef Saltbaker, being calm but also getting two slices of bread from a loaf.

------------------------------------------------

After awhile of walking in the forest, Y/N took Chef Saltbaker deeper into the forest and then they walked into a clearing (meadow) and Y/N ran over to Cuphead, but Chef Saltbaker just stood there looking in awe at the meadow he was taking it all in. Then Y/N went over to him and kicked on of his chins.

"Ow, Y/N! Why did you do that?!" said Saltbaker, giving Y/N the bread slices.

"Because I tried to tell you Cuphead was over on the log, but you ignored me, so I kicked your chin like a toddler." replied Y/N, giving Saltbaker the bread slices back.

"Well, don't do that again, that hurts." said Saltbaker, walking over to Cuphead.

"Well, I didn't mean it." mumbled Y/N, walking over to the trio.

After Cuphead woke up, Chef Saltbaker held the two bread slices in both of his hands and he said:

"You are truly an idiot sandwhich Cuphead." remarked Y/N, trying to laugh secretly.

"Y/N! Please stop, your no fun anymore." said Mugman, trying to get her to be a bit caring.

"I'm sorry Mugman, I don't mean it, I promise." said Y/N, giving Mugman a hug.

------------------------------------------------

Back at the bakery, Cuphead and Mugman were enjoying their cookies, while sitting on the floor, Y/N came over and sat down. And she began laughing  at Cuphead's jokes, Chef Saltbaker on the other hand was baking something, and Y/N smelt what he was cooking and she threw some interest when she walked into the kitchen and still munching on her cookie.

"Excuse me, um, Chef Saltbaker what're you making?" asked Y/N, throwing interest all over the kitchen.

"Oh Y/N, I didn't expect you there, no matter just making a simple cake." replied Chef Saltbaker, getting nervous at the beginning but he calms down afterwards.

"Can I help?" asked Y/N "Y/N don't put your hand on-" Saltbaker was too late "Ow! That hurt!" said Y/N looking at her hand.

"Here, let me get my first aid kit, and when I say that you stay where you are. Okay?" said Chef Saltbaker, trying to find the bandages.

After a bit Chef Saltbaker found the bandages and wrapped up Y/N's hand, though she refused to look at him, but Chef Saltbaker put his hand under Y/N's chin and looked her in the face to see if anything else got on her.

"Y-you have pretty eyes Chef Saltbaker, and I say that as a friend, because I always see pretty eyes when I accidentally stare at someone." complimented Y/N, putting her chin back down when Chef Saltbaker isn't holding it anymore.

"Why thank you Y/N, you also have pretty eyes as well." complimented back Chef Saltbaker.

Cuphead walks into the doorway when he sees Y/N and Saltbaker talking to each other a bit too close, even for Y/N's comfort as well.

"Just kiss already!" shouted Cuphead, making Saltbaker and Y/N blush and walk away from each other.