Chapter 7

~Gaia's pov~

"So who were you talking to?" Verta asked as we wandered around the school halles. "My grandma."

"Oh that's nice, do you have a good relationship with her?"

"Yeah um, my mother died when I was very young and I never knew my father so my Nonna practically raised me."

"Oh, I'm sorry, I- I hope you have a very good relationship with her." "I do, I love her so so much."

We kept walking as the halles became less familiar. "Where are we?" I asked

"I don't know..." She said looking around. I shrugged and kept walking, we said we'll explore right?

"What's your brother's name?" I asked and watched as she smiled softly. "Christopher. What's your grandma's name?"

"Alessandra." she nodded softly as we kept walking until she suddenly stopped all movement.

"You okay?" I asked

"Did you say Alessandra?" she asked and I nodded, frowning my eyebrows. "Your grandma is Alessandra Serra!?" why is she so shocked

"Yeah... why?"

"Gaia, are you kidding? She is one of the most powerful witches to ever walk in the halls of this school!" she said excitedly

"What are you talking about?"

"Are you seriously asking me what I'm talking about?"

"Verta not so long ago I didn't even know this place existed, let alone that my nonna is a witch."

"Right. shit this is so cool. Can I meet her?" I looked at her confused, "She's like a big deal around here dumbass."

I laughed lightly, still confused that my own grandma is some famous witch, "Umm sure I mean, if i'll ever see her again." "Hey don't say that. You'll see her again, don't worry." She crossed her arms with mine as we kept walking.

When we reached the end of the hall we looked around, we were so focused on our conversation we didn't even realize it was so dark in there.

"What the hell is this place?"

"I have no idea, but I'm willing to find out." she said as she walked forward reaching a big wooden door.

"Verta...I don't think it's a good idea."

"Oh come on, don't be such a scaredy cat, let's go."

She opened the door with a loud cracking noise, "Not sketchy at all..." I mattered under my breath. I saw too many horror movies.

"Come on." she prompted "No thanks, I choose life."

"Stop it! Come on." She grabbed my arm and led us down the stairs.

There was nothing but pure darkness in there. The stairs made some annoying noises as we walked down. "Verta I swear to god, If there is some murderer here I'm ditching you and running away."

"Wow thanks, I feel the love." she teased and I rolled my eyes. "Stop, nothing is going to happen."

We kept walking, when we reached the bottom of the stairs, without falling thankfully. The moon light creeped through the room lighting it just a little bit. "How the hell? aren't we underground?" I asked

"Look over there, there is a hole at the ceiling with a window in the corner."

Oh hell no, "We're so going to die down here."

"Stop being so scared, where is your edventures sense?"

"It's not existing when I'm six feet under."

"Drama Queen." "Hey!"