Chapter 22

A/N: Hello everyone, this chapter is a bit dark. ⚠TW: Blood, fire

Please don't read it if you're getting triggered by any of these!

It's just a bit shorter than usual because it's part 2 of the last chapter, I hope it's okay :)

Love you all <3

~Gaia's pov~

I tried to enjoy the party as much as I could. It was my birthday after all and I promised myself I would at least try and forget about Briar just for today.

"May we have many birthdays together." Olympia said, raising her glass.

"Cheers." We all clicked our glasses together and smiled. "I have to say...I'm starting to like this idea of Halloween parties." Verta said

We went outside for a bit, the sky was pitch black with only a few stars and the moonlight shining faintly.

"Do you smell this?"

"Smell what?"

"Smoke." I said with pure confusion. "Probably just the smoke machine."

"No, no she's right. I smell it too."

Before any of us could say anything else we heard screams from inside the ballroom.

We all froze in our place for a second before running back towards the ballroom. We watched in complete horror as the ballroom burned in flames.

Before I could even think Wanda pulled me towards the exit.

"Stay right here, I'll be right back."

"What? Wanda no."

"Baby, you don't have powers, we do. Stay here please. I love you." she said quickly before running back in.

"Wanda!" I screamed but she was already gone behind the thick wall of smoke. I had no idea what to do, I have to go and help them right? But I have no powers.

Maybe they're better off without me getting in their way. I could make everything worse and make Wanda worry even more.

But I can't help but be scared for them, it's a huge fire and even though they know how to defend themselves I don't want to imagine any of them getting hurt.

"Ms Serra, get out of the building with everyone else, now!" Someone shouted behind me. I turned around and saw Ms Harkness, her face somehow between calm and panicked.

"But Ms Harkness, I can't leave my friends here!" I pleaded

"Now Gaia!"

I had no choice but to run. Something is wrong. Very wrong. I have a weird feeling in my chest and It's making me sick.

I ran fast, not even bothering to look where I was going. Panic started to feel my chest, my head spinning, and my breathing erratic. I need Wanda. Now.

"Gaia, Gaia...I should've known this situation would cause you...a little panic."

"Briar?"

"Have you made your decision yet?"

"No I- I don't know, what-" I started to pant heavily, please tell me it's not a panic attack. I haven't had one of these in a while.

"There is no need to panic sweetheart, I just need you to answer my question. I'm getting tired of your games."

"Did you- Did you do this?" I asked shakily

"No...but there is more to come if you won't answer me. You have 2 minutes to answer me before this place burns out. Including your little girlfriend."