Chapter 30

A/N: Hey everyone! I know I disappered for a bit but I'm back!

I'm going through some stuff with my mental health at the moment so thank you for being patiant with me <3

Hope you'll enjoy :)

~Sage's pov~

"We were so worried." I said in relief

"Um thank you but... have we met before?"

What did she just say?

I looked at Olympia with confused eyes, did she get amnesia from fainting? "What?" Olympia asked with a slight chuckle, the confusion visible in her voice.

Then it hit me, like a million trucks at once, Briar just made her manifest her powers which means Briar can now control her.

Oh no Gaia, what have you done?

"Gaia, hey." I tried to get the confused girl attention. She looked at me, a slight fear in her eyes like she has no idea who I am.

"Do you know where you are?" She looked around trying to figure out the space around her and rubbed her forehead with her thumb and finger.

"No, not really." she said

I looked at the girls with a concerned look, "Do you know who I am?" I asked, afraid of the answer she's going to give me.

"No...I'm sorry."

~Wanda's pov~

I couldn't sleep at night at all, I miss Gaia so much it hurts. It hurts me that I won't ever see her again, it hurts me that I left without saying goodbye.

I cried all night while my thoughts consumed me. I couldn't stop the tears from falling, they just kept coming, making me breathless and exhausted.

Since last night I didn't take my headphones off for a single moment, listening on repeat to Gaia's favorite song as my mind drifted to a very specific memory.

~Flashback~

{Listen to "Until I found you" by Stephen Sanchez (with Em Beihold), for a better experience of this part. It's in the spotify playlist I made for this book! Link in my bio :) }

"Babe!" Gaia yelled from her bed

"Yeah?" I yelled back, "Can you help me out for a moment?" she asked

I walked out of the bathroom and saw her trying to figure out how to use the record player. I giggled lightly and walked over to wrap my arms around her waist and kissed the side of her neck. "What seems to be the problem, sweet girl?" I whispered in her ear

"I wanted to play you a song but this stupid thing won't work." she said with a little pout making me melt.

I chuckled, "That's okay baby, here I'll help you."

I quickly kissed her neck once again before turning my attention to the record player, I took the record and placed it in its spot. "What song would you like to listen to my love?"

"Number 11 please." she requested sweetly, I quickly placed the tonearm onto the record surface where the track she wanted is starting.

'Until I found you' started playing and I blushed. "May I have this dance?" she asked with a little smile on her pretty face

"You may."

She took my hand in hers before pulling me close to her, wrapping one arm around my waist and the other one brushing some hair out of my face.