Chapter 20

A/N PLEASE READ: Hey everyone! I just wanted to let you know that the next chapter will be up only next week because I won't be home to write it :(

I hope you'll enjoy this chpater, prepare for a little spiciness😏

~Gaia's pov~

"What do you want, Briar?" I asked, "Oh honey, no need for the harsh tone. I just have a little offer for you."

Offer? What the hell does she have to offer me?

"And what would that be?" She got closer to me, "I know who you are Gaia... Your family has sacrificed a lot to be the legacy of this school."

"What are you talking about?"

"Have you heard of the big battle that happened years ago? Oh of course you did, your precious mother..."

My blood was boiling, "Don't you dare talk about my mother!"

"Oh darling, if only you knew the truth."

I looked at her confused, yet, the anger still burning inside me.

"Before your mother died...well...killed. She went against someone very special to me."

"My mother protected the school." She chuckled dryly before looking at me in disbelief, "You don't actually believe that do you?"

She passed around the basement, waving her hands through her brown hair. Her hair was similar to mine, not too short, not too long, And wavy.

"Your mother was a monster, she killed a lot of people. People who were important to me, just as much as she was important to you."

"My mother is not a monster! You don't get to talk about her like that! you don't even know her."

"And you do?"

That question took me back a little, do I really know my mother?

Noticing my slight shock, Briar kept talking. "I knew there was a day you'd show up, it took you a long time...I was expecting this powerful witch since you were 18 but you just showed up without any experience in magic...I saw your little friends here...Olympia and Verta and dear Sage...you don't want them to get kicked out do you?"

"What do you want, Briar?" I asked with an angry tone

"I already told Ms Harkness I saw them," My eyes widened in surprise, but nothing happened.

"I told her that I will check on you...see if it happens again...and here comes your part," She got closer to me, making me take a step back.

"You're going to manifest your powers, you have a great power Gaia, whether I would like to admit it or not. There is something bad coming soon, you want to be a hero? this is your chance...and I really don't suggest you refuse."

Manifest my powers? but I thought I dreamed this whole conversation with Sage...She warned me.

"And if I refuse?" I ask, trying not to break my intense gaze.

"Then you can kiss your friends and your little girlfriend goodbye." she said. How the hell does she know about me and Wanda?

"You have a week." was the last thing I heard her say before I woke up in my bed next to Wanda.

Was it a dream? I- I was just in the basement, how did I-?

There is no way I dreamt that right?

"Baby? What's wrong? Why are you awake?" Wanda's raspy voice made me jump a little.