Christmas special 2: Snow on the beach

A/N: Let me know what is your favorite christmas song! And maybe i'll use it for the next chapter <3

Feel free to listen to the song above while reading this chapter :) Hope you'll enjoy!

~Wanda's pov~

I woke up in the middle of the night, feeling Gaia moving beside me. I looked over at her and saw her sitting up, her back against the headboard as she looked up at the ceiling.

"Baby? Why are you awake?" I asked and she turned to look at me

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to wake you up. go back to sleep." Only then I noticed her puffy red eyes in the low light of the lamp beside her bed.

"Baby...why are you crying? are you okay?" I asked as I sat up slowly.

"I'm fine um, go back to sleep please. I'm okay." she said sniffling and looking away.

"My love...Gaia look at me." I traced her cheek with my thumb before holding her chin gently with my fingers making her look at me. Her lips were pouty and it seemed as if she's trying to fight off tears. "Talk to me angel. You know I'm here for you."

She sighed, looking away as a few tears escaped her ocean blue eyes. I didn't like seeing her cry. When she cried it felt like a storm in the middle of a rough sea. It makes my heart storm. I feel like it's drowning me, like I have no more air to breathe.

"I um..." she started quietly "I had a nightmare." she said in a soft whisper, her voice barely hearable. "I'm sorry my love, do you want to talk about it? what do you need?"

"I just- I just dreamed about that day it's um, it's okay I'm okay." "Baby, I know you don't like to talk about it when you're hurting but...can you please try? for me? I want to know how I can help you feel better."

She sat there quietly for a moment before looking me straight in the eyes. "Kiss me."

"What?"

"I don't want to talk about it, I just want you...I- I need to know that you're real."

"Okay sweetheart, I'm here okay? Is it okay if I put my hands on your cheeks?" I asked softly and she nodded. "Tell me what you need my love." I said and cupped her face

"Just kiss me, softly please...and can you...can you just hold me tight?" she requested

I smiled softly, "Of course baby."

I placed my hands on her waist instead and pulled her closer to me until our lips met in the softest kiss. I don't think we've ever shared a kiss this soft. I felt her relax against my lips and pulled her even closer.

"I'm here baby, I'm real." I said before kissing her again.

When we pulled away I helped her lay down on her back. "Can I- um, can I kiss your neck?" I asked softly and she looked at me with a questioning smile.

"Nothing sexual you know, just...I find neck kisses really calming."

"Yeah, that's okay." she said with a small smile

"Okay. Tell me if you want me to stop or do something else okay?" she hummed in response. I hovered over her and kissed her lips again before kissing her cheek, to the side of her face and stopping beside her ear.

"I love you, I'm right here, You're safe." I whispered softly and watched her muscles slowly relax. I started to kiss down her neck, living soft short kisses. Trying to be as gentle and reassuring as I possibly could.

I smiled against her skin when I felt both of her arms hugging around my back, pulling me closer to her.

After worshiping her skin I got back to her lips, kissing her a couple of times before pecking her nose making her smile.