Two hearts in one home

When I woke up the next morning, I was very much looking forward to the party at Anne's. I literally jumped out of bed and went into the bathroom. It was unbearably warm again and I enjoyed a cool shower. I wrapped around a towel and stuck my headphones in my ears. Good mood music had to come, I started some playlist and went to the kitchen. I grabbed my coffee and went back to the top, where I quickly put on something. I took my little cigarette pack from my nightstand and went to the balcony. I had actually sworn to stop, but it helped me to cope with the excitement and stress. When I finished my cigarette, I looked in our guest room. Steve had spent the Night here. I woke him up gently and told him about our invitation for the late afternoon. He muttered a hard-to-understand yes and turned around. What a morning grouch. After I left the room, I grabbed my wallet and went shopping, I had promised Anne to bring a salad. I also bought a nice wine as a small gift. Back home, I started preparing everything directly. I didn't see and hear anything about Steve. But I didn't care either, I wanted to enjoy this day. When I cut the cucumber, I was in my thougts again. And boom, I cut my finger deep. I tried not to cry and immediately held him under cold water, a deep sigh escaped me. I searched with the other hand in one of the drawers to find plasters or something the like that . I grabbed for the little blue package and pulled out a plaster, which I wrapped around my cut. That should last. The pain slowly subside and I finished my salad without further incidents. I looked towards the clock and was scared when it was just before 4. Now hurry was announced, I rushed up and was looking for a suitable outfit. Nothing really suited, in the farthest corner I found a summer dress. I had never worn it, even the price tag was still on it. "this is your appearance" I whispered and threw myself into the dress. I refreshed myself a little and there was nothing more than mascara and eyebrows. It was way too warm again, I put my hair in a loose bun and in the end I grabbed a few shoes with a little heel. Done. Steve was already dressed, he was wearing a loose linen shirt and a brown chino. Today he made a special effort to forget yesterday's dispute, so he took my bag and everything else off and even opened the car door for me. I was super excited and could hardly keep the whole trip still. After about 20 minutes we arrived at Anne's, everything looked like it used to be, as I remembered it. Even the flowers, still had exactly the same place. We walked quickly to the front door and I rang the bell. I smiled at Steve, I couldn't be angry despite his words from yesterday anymore, I'm just not so unforgiving. Anne opened the door with joy and gave me a warm hug, everything felt the same as it used to be. "Nice that you are there, come in. The rest is already in the garden," she said and stepped aside, so we went through this wonderfully furnished house, to the garden, Gemma already came to meet me and welcomed me warmly. I felt transported back in time. As if nothing had ever changed. The evening went great, I had a lot of fun and couldn't get out of the conversations, Steve also seemed to feel visibly comfortable. He talked to the rest of the guests when it rang. Anne jumped up and rushed to the door, I looked at Gemma in because I was sure that all the guests were. Gemma, on the other hand, just smiled at me. She knew who was missing. Through the large open terrace door, you could look to the door. I saw Anne hugged a big man and asked him in, just as she asked us. As he approached the garden, I could see who was coming. I wasn't badly surprised when Harry stood in front of me. He welcomed his family and then came to me. He opened his arms "surprised? No hug for me?" He laughed while I stood there as if rooted. Slowly I approached him and pressed him tight. A smile spread on my face. "Hey," I replied while I was in his arms. This hug seemed to go so forever, I only heard a clear-eyed after me and detached myself from the hug. Steve looked at us both "Steve, Emery's boyfriend," he said and shook Harry's hand "I didn't know you Both knew each other so well," he added while Harry took his hand. "I'm sorry Steve, I had never told you" I smiled "yes, em and I were...." Harry just wanted to start, but I interrupted him "we were best friends until Harry moved away, right? "I looked at Harry, who only nodded in agreement. If Steve had learned it like that now, the evening would have been over...

 If Steve had learned it like that now, the evening would have been over