With a sea view

I looked at my wrist, it was blueish coloured, Steve had pressed with full force. He had really hurt me for the first time, not only mental. It was time to leave, I already counted the days and Steve seemed to realise it, the mood was icyer than ever and I had stopped wearing my engagement ring. He didn't mind, the only thing that bothered him was Harry and that I wanted to spend time with him. I couldn't help it, I had to get out of here now. Steve had travelled it too far. I wanted to go immediately, where? I didn't know. I called Harry while I took a suitcase out of the closet. My life as I knew it was broken. It was over and I had to realise that it was better that way. So I threw clothes in the suitcase until I could hear Harry's voice. "Yes?" He said when he accepted the phone call. "Harry? Can I come to you? I have to get out of here," I said, realising how Harry was worried about me. „Of course, I'll see that someone can give you a key. Is everything okay? What happened?!" I could recognise from his voice that it was difficult for him to stay calm. „Yes, I'll explain it to you later. Don't worry," I tried to calm him down while I continued to pack clothes together. "Okey, I'll be home in two days," Harry said, saying goodbye to me, I threw my cell phone on the bed and closed the suitcase. Briefly I covered everything again, but I now had to do what my heart wanted and that was going. I took the suitcase, put something on and walked down the stairs. At the bottom I put on my shoes, put the ring on the table and looked at Steve. „I'm sorry, but I can't do that anymore. I love you and tried but it doesn't work" I hugged him one last time and then went without even giving him the chance to tell me something. He probably didn't think I would really do it, that I had enough strength and to go and leave everything behind. I sat down in my car, a few tears ran down my face, we had nice moments together, but unfortunately the bad ones prevailed in the end. I went to Harry, Gemma was already waiting for me and gave me the key, she looked at me and knew immediately what was going on. She didn't say anything except that she would be there if something was. Then she went and I was for myself. I could hardly believe it. I had really taken this step. I just put my suitcase in the hallway, it hurt to be alone at that moment. I wanted Harry to be with me. I wanted him to tell me that everything will be alright and that I will soon feel better and that I have him. Of course he would come back soon, but I needed him now! I walked slowly through the whole house, looked around again in peace, even though I knew everything. I needed distraction, I felt free and at the same time so guilty. I had managed to leave Steve, what else was to come now? I had what I wanted. I found myself in front of the large window, from which I could look directly at the sea and my thoughts wandered into the past.

 I found myself in front of the large window, from which I could look directly at the sea and my thoughts wandered into the past