Sign of the Times

Now

So that's how we stood there. Two people who loved each other infinitely and have probably never felt such love in their lives. Again and again I lived through the last few weeks and also the still blue wreath around my wrist reminded me of the past. My thoughts circled again around Steve when I fell on the bed in our hotel room. Two more shows and the tour would be over. An almost normal life would begin for Harry and me. And then what? What would I expect? What would happen to us and where would we go? Would everything really get better? And what about Steve? Will I see him again? If so, when? What will we say if we talk at all? Questions about questions that took the room in my mind. I was fine, at least that's what I thought. I can't describe what I felt because I didn't know myself. I just wanted to be strong this one time in my life. But I had to realise that I needed a break. Silence. Maybe I would feel better then. Harry came into the small room and had a bag of donuts in his hand. He knew what I needed now. He was so strong for me, tried to be there for me even though I could clearly see him that it cost him a lot of strength. I smiled and stood up to make room for him. Not only did I need a break, but Harry too. But what else would happen before we realise that?

 But what else would happen before we realise that?