'Cause you were mine

I proudly guided Harry through the entire exhibition and told him a story about each picture. It was all about love. I had collected love stories over several years and captured the most emotional moments, so among the photos were weddings, farewells and so much more. Harry was very interested in everything and listened to me until the last word, I was not used to this kind of attention and turned red when we arrived at the end of my tour. "Sorry, I should have taken a break more often" I smiled while gently clamping a strand behind my ear. "I like to listen to you," Harry winked at me. I got us a sparkling wine and we bumped together with the rest of my guests. It felt great to be surrounded by people who were interested in me and my work. Again and again I found myself in small reveries while looking at my pictures. One thing was particularly close to my heart. It was a young couple, an intimate hug. The woman in the photo had to go. You could see the pain in her eyes, I just stood there and looked at the picture. I felt exactly this pain when Harry left. I took another sip when Harry showed up next to me and hinted at me with a movement to follow him outside and so did I. Along the way, I told Gemma that I would be right back and she should hold the position. I followed Harry from the small, meanwhile stuffy hall into the tiny garden. When I stepped out the door, I took a deep breath. Fresh air did me very good at that second. I closed my eyes for a brief moment before I looked at Harry. I felt his gaze lying on me, so I quickly opened my eyes again. "You look absolutely stunning," he said while he looked at my body, I got an embarrassed „thank you" out, i was not able for more "it's nice to be all alone, like back then. Do you remember how we always had to sneak out?" I laughed when Harry reminded me of That moment. His mother was strict, we rarely got out of the house after 8 o'clock, so we always tried go quietly down the stairs to sneak out, but Gemma caught us regularly. So we had to bribe her so that she would keep our secret to herself. It was not easy to find the right words, after all these years. I still felt like I knew Harry so well, but it wasn't like that anymore. A completely new man sat in front of me. I didn't really want the evening to end, we looked at the stars and I leaned against Harry. "Thank you for being here" I whispered as my head slowly fell on his shoulder "em, you are important to me, you have always been. How could I miss your big day? Now that I dared to call you again" I was a little sorry that I wasn't there for Harry when he had his first successes. I felt bad, even if Harry certainly didn't blame me. Slowly I put my hand on his leg, it got fresh and for my part a goosebumps spread on my arms. Harry actually seemed to realise it and took off his jacket to put it around my shoulders. I smiled gratefully at him, I was curious, what had happened in recent years? And above all, who was the woman with whom he was seen everywhere. "What have you done in recent years" I looked Harry in the eyes and didn't even wait for his answer "where were you? What happened? Did you meet someone?" I now knocked out all the questions that were buzzing around in my head at that moment. Harry seemed visibly overwhelmed and didn't know where to start. There is a lot to tell, not everything fit into this one night. Harry sighed, he tried to sort his words in his head. „I don't know what to say first. I have experienced a lot, travelled all over the world. I was everywhere and nowhere, the time was...crazy." Harry smiled, visibly proud of what he had achieved "and who is this new woman by your side?" I asked him impatiently, I already felt a little sorry for him. I didn't want to bother him under any circumstances and yet I wanted the answer as soon as possible. „Don't worry emery, she won't come between us" these words echoed in my ears over and over again. So she was his girlfriend. What else should he mean? I paused for a brief moment. I was unsure how to continue, what should all mean now? "I would like to go home" I ended the conversation and Harry offered me to drive me. We went in, most of my guests had already travelled Home because it was already late. Thank God Gemma had taken care of everything, I was so grateful for her help. We went by car, Harry had parked right in front of the hall to disappear as quickly as possible. He held the door open for me, I dropped on the black seats. All the Windows were darkened, so you couldn't look inside. Everything probably had a reason, Harry didn't want to be seen. So I described the way home to him and he drove off without a word. We remained silent, no one could find the right words, no one knew how to deal with the situation. Harry turned into my street and a sigh escaped me. I didn't want the evening to end, I didn't want to go back to Steve and that he could bang something on my head again. Did he even know that today was MY big day? I finally had to stand for myself and start freeing myself from my cage. We stopped in front of my house and looked at the brightly lit windows. "Take care of yourself em" Harry stroked my leg, it should mean that we wouldn't see each other for a while. But Harry wasn't finished yet "I'm home for a few days, I would be happy if we could see each other again" he smiled at me. I nodded to him and a little smile adorned my lips. I assured him that I would write to him as soon as I found the time to do so. I said goodbye with a short hug, got out of the car and went to the front door. Steve opened it and looked at me from top to bottom. He looked at Harry, who waved to him briefly. Without a word, I went into the house and off we went. „why do you Look like that ? You Look like a whore! What have you done with him again?" Steve's rough voice went through my entire body. I just feel good for a second and then? Tears rose in my eyes and I felt powerless. I could do nothing but listen to his words, the fear was too great. When Steve finished shutting me down, I ran upstairs. I dropped on the bed and started crying bitterly.

 I dropped on the bed and started crying bitterly