Sneak Peek: True Blue @dlcorisette |CURRENTLY PUBLISHED

Genre: Military Romance

Summary:

Does true love deserve a second chance?

The summer before university, affluent Emily Montgomery met and fell in love with local busboy Finn Wainwright. After only a few months, she knew this was a love to stand the test of time. When a family emergency forces her to leave town, a note to Finn is her only way to ask him to wait for her. He doesn't, disappearing without so much as a goodbye and no way to contact him.

Finn never fit in anywhere until the summer he met Emily. She coloured his grey world and he believed Emily was the love of his life. She proved him wrong with a "Dear John" note that broke his heart. In self defense, Finn deserts his old life and family, vanishing into the world of the military.

Eight years later, a twist of fate brings Finn back to the United States, straight into Emily's life. Neither knows time hasn't changed their feelings, but family obligations, old prejudices and unseen forces try to prevent them from discovering the truth. Will Emily and Finn rekindle their romance or is the past to hurtful to overcome?

Excerpt:

For the first time, she knew where Finn would be. She breathed in the concept, held on to it for a moment. Waited for the pounding in her ears, reminiscent of the crashing waves of the ocean so like his eyes, to subside. Glanced at the small silver clock on her desk her father had given her when she graduated law school. Too late to go home and change. Too early to call Ali.

Only last night she found herself spilling part of her story, their story, to her new friend. Telling Ali it was impossible to fix things with Finn. But now...

Finn would be back on US soil, in her city, working with her law firm, as they attempted to defend a fellow soldier against charges of misconduct. There would be statements to take, perhaps multiple sessions. Finn might have to stay in Washington for weeks.

What can readers expect:

An emotional journey full of drama, intrigue and heartbreak. This second chance romance is a modern day update of Jane Austen's Persuasion with a twist. Aimed at a New Adult audience, this love story contains open door bedroom scenes that focus on feeling and emotions.