Sneak peek: CRUZ @BeckyAnyanwu |CURRENTLY PUBLISHED

Genre: New adult or general fiction

Excerpt: The guards pushed Maria and her son out of the house with their bags. Then the door slammed shut. Maria knelt down and cried out aloud but no one could hear her except her five-year-old son who was standing behind her. They were both under the rain, soaking wet. It would have been a sin for her to curse the rain for pouring all over her little son's body. He was white and pale, mostly because he hadn't eaten since the day started. She could tell that he was weak yet, he pretended to be strong for her.

"Mommy, it's okay...please stop crying." The little boy said, consoling his mother.

Maria cleaned her tears and hugged her son with love, "We will survive this okay?"

Philip nodded, he was getting really cold but he endured it because of his mother. As a young boy of five years, he had learnt that endure the hardship and insults that came their way. He never wanted his mother to worry about him.

"Do you love mommy?" Maria asked.

"Yes."

"I love you too. Let's get going...we might find help." She said as she took up the bags and walked away from the premises of the house. Before she moved on, she looked back at the house and swore within her to deal with that household, if she survived in the rain. The only thing that made the night memorable was the pouring rain. How ruthless her mistress was to allow her son to suffer with her. She wasn't going to let go of this memory and she would preserve it with all she had in order to get back at them when the time was right.

"Let's go." She said, holding her son's hands as they walked into the night with the drops of rain splashing on the ground. Their clothes dripped with water and the cool of the night gripped their skins. The world wasn't fair to them at all but Maria knew they had to survive no matter what.

What a reader can expect from my book: The readers should expect, drama, anger/ bitterness, vengeance and love.