interview #2 @bedframehardmattress

1 are you still surprised when you get a new vote, follow or comment?

Yes!! I'm a really new author, and I've been writing all my life. This is the first time I'm publishing, getting any kind of support is so exciting and it makes my heart flutter. You never realize how much thirty people reading your stuff means to you until it happens. It feels small, but it really feels big to me.

2 what inspired you to write?

It's the only thing I've ever thought about doing, writing is some way to put words together in some little order that I feel sounds like a certain feeling and I hope to convey that feeling through meaningless meaningful words. It's all silly but I feel its really profound to be a human talking to other humans in weird, coded language. I've always been bad at talking and writing is something I can be myself in. I can write how I'm feeling through my characters much better than I can through myself, I can convey and relate through people I've built. It's really special to me. 

3 what's your favorite holiday and why?

Christmas, everyone is together and it smells like pine and there's love and fireplaces all around!

4 what is your favorite thing about Wattpad?

 I think it's really easy to connect and get your book out there as a new author! It's a cool interface and user friendly!

5 if you could hang out with your favorite author for a day, who would you choose and w what would you do?

Most of my favorite authors are not around anymore, but I'd hang out with Mary Shelley or maybe George Orwell. Maybe I'd choose Mary Shelley just because of how much I love Frankenstein. I like going to parks or going for walks, I'd do something like that with someone I admire for sure.

6 what's a good piece of writing advice?

Write, go for it! Don't try to write like anyone else and just go for it and type everything that comes to your mind and edit it all later!

7 what is one Wattpad goal?

I want to get a bit of recognition on here and I want to finish a story. I want to be satisfied with where I am and what I've done. That's what I hope for. 

8 what's your favorite snack?

Chips are a guilty pleasure, they remind me of my father. I'm obsessed with berries though, any type of berry, especially raspberries!

9 what is your writing routine?

 I don't have a writing routine, really. When I have an idea I go for it and write and it leaks out of my brain nice and smooth and sometimes it's a little rocky but I get the idea out in the end and that's all that matters!

I put on some music though, something that matches what I'm writing. 

10 who is your favorite celebrity?

 I'm not a big celebrity person, I don't know much about anyone. I'd maybe meet Leonard Cohen if he was still around. I love his poetry and his music.

11 how would you handle a bully?

Whenever I was teased I'd get picked up and cry in the car for hours. But now that I've grown quite a bit, I find things are different, when you become comfortable with yourself and steadily grow out of your shell, things like that won't bother you much anymore. As for bullying that's beyond just teasing, I think going to someone trusted and getting help should be a priority.

Request time

My story, The Mattress Still Has Your Body On It And I'm Not Sure Why, is a story of two people trapped in a dysfunctional and tragic relationship. It's the tale of two people bound together by steel cables of depravity and need, a relationship built off of old memories and static fantasies.

If you are into poetry or stream of consciousness writing, you'd enjoy this story as it offers a very real and raw view of what the main character is experiencing.