interview #11 @LadyMaryAverman {series promotion}

1 What is the title of your series?

My series is called Nevergolden (On Wattpad it's called "Nevergolden (Screenplay)".  

2 What inspired the idea of your series?

It may look strange, but I had the idea some years ago, when I was playing "The Sims Medieval".

There, I had to create a king, a knight, a spy, a blacksmith, a physician, a bard, a merchant, a priest and a wizard. And I used some people I knew to play this personalities of the reign.

Then, I thought "What if I wrote a series about my life in a medieval style?"

In fact, most of the "Nevergolden" characters do exist.

They are people I know that I used to know, or members of my family. And I transformed them into medieval citizens. 

3 How many books are in your series?

I have written it as it was a TV series, composed by thirteen episodes. So far, on Wattpad" I have only uploaded the first episode (the pilot). Then, I will decide if to upload the others. 

4 Is it the only series on your profile?

 Yes, and it's also the only project that I have uploaded on Wattpad so far. 

5 What do you desire readers take away from your series?

I hope it could entertain them. I hope that they could visually imagine the story. And I hope that people could see something of me when they'll read the script. 

6 is your series complete or ongoing?

Definitely ongoing

7 What are your future plans for your series?

 I really don't know. I have almost finished writing the first season. I only have two episodes left. Then, on the other side, I'd like to upload the pilot on some platforms for screenwriters, but there is a couple things that I'd like to change before that.  

8 What would be a good piece of advice for someone who desires beginning to write a series?

That's the same advice that I give myself. Have a lot of patience. The path you've chosen is difficult, but if you practice a lot, and if you do it everyday, one day you'll reach your goals. And please, don't listen to the people that say that your job is pointless, that it doesn't drive the society forward and that you should pick another career... Just don't listen to them! And if these people are your friends, change your friends.

9 Do you prefer writing a series over a standalone novel?

I've always preferred writing serial products. I have rarely written film scripts. Anyway, I think it is somewhat subjective. It may change from person to person. 

10 Who is your main character? Are there any similarities between you and your main character?

The main character of my series is Tybalt Stafford, the teenager king. He's an introverted and, sometimes, an intractable guy. This character is inspired to my cousin. He's part of my family, so I am convinced that there must be some similarities between me and lord Tybalt.  

11 What does your character go through in the series?

I don't want to spoil too much. Anyway, at the beginning of the series, Tybalt is trying his best to be up to his job (being a king), but he doesn't feel appreciated by his subjects. Often he ends up acting like an insecure teenager, and he gets led on by potential friends. But these potential friends are not really friends to him. But at the end of the day, who hasn't been used at least once in their lives by a friend of theirs? 

12 What does having readers for any of your stories mean to you?

It makes me really happy. Mostly, I am really happy to read their comments, and I am very surprised when I see that people have different opinions and points of view on the characters. They give many different interpretations and that's what I like the most. Reading them is always interesting and that is also the main reason why I decided to upload the pilot of Nevergolden on "Wattpad". 

1 What type of stories do you like to read?

I read a little bit of everything, but I have a thing for teen fiction books. And, sometimes, I also read fanfictions about famous people (athletes, actors, singers etc...). I think they're funny and entertaining. 

2 What type of music do you like to listen to?

Also on this point, I listen to almost everything. I especially like rock music, but I also adore Taylor Swift. I'd love to see her in concert. 

3 What is one of your favorite stories that you've read on Wattpad?

 I don't think that I have a favorite story. Anyway, lately, I'm reading "To Whom it may concern" by Oliver Hart. I like it and I think that it could also have some potential as a TV series. 

4 What do you believe is better for a story? {Quality or Quantity}

Quality, of course. It's better a single story, but well written, than twenty ideas, that you don't develop at all. And that end up to be being stored in one of the folders of your computer's external hard drive. 

5 Are you more likely to check out an ongoing or completed story?

If I am interested in one story, it doesn't matter if it's complete or not. I read it with pleasure anyway.