Summer prompt contest winner: Too Cool For School @PaleAire

placement:  {summer 2022 summer classic}

1 What is the title of your story? and what inspired the title?

Too Cool For School and it was inspired both by a P!nk song and a former high school classmate.

2 What is your story about?

My story is about summer love and awakening and how senior year can create a huge impact on a person's life.

3 Is the summer prompt contest, the first contest you entered?

No, I have entered several contests since I joined Wattpad.

4 What was your reaction to discovering you were one of the winners?

 I was shocked, for such a short story, that I wrote in a day, I was dumbfounded to find I'm one of the winners. I still am, haha.

5 What is your favorite summer activity?

Going to the beach, for sure.

6 do you have any future plans with the story you entered? (standalone novel/series)

I would like to create a bigger story from it, sort of a spinoff, although this was a great challenge, I still had so much to say in this story.

7 What's a good piece of advice to give someone, who desires to enter a contest?

Just do it. You may be surprised to find out you're one of the contest winners, though we're all winners by presenting our stories to other people. It may be a quite vulnerable action. Though there's no bad stories, only short-minded writers.

8 What is your favorite summer memory? (optional to answer)

Going to a private pool party and meet new people.

9 What is the most important piece of a story?

The cover |quality of the story| type of story

 The quality of the story, we all judge a book by its cover in terms of stories, and we choose our favorite type of stories, though the quality it is the most important part!

10 How does being a part of the Wattpad community help you as writer?

It allows me to learn what my target audience likes to read, I have a community of readers/friends that help me in writing and in personal terms, and I just can showcase my babies, as I like to call my stories as.

11 What genre of story attracts you as a reader?

Romance, short stories, historical fiction and young/new adult fiction.

12 What's a good piece of writing advice, that you've learned?

Originality doesn't exist. Everything's a copy of a copy. And how much we try to be original, we write what we know, which is a combo of popular references.

13 Do you believe contest and interview platforms help you as a writer?

Obviously, it gives me validation and showcases my stories and me as a writer.

14 Since joining Wattpad, do you believe you've become a better writer?

 For sure, I used to write in screenplay form, and here I was introduced to traditional writing and learned more about all things that comes to writing and makes it sort of unique. I'm still learning and I have become a better writer because of the Wattpad community.

15 What is a must have item for you to enjoy the summer?

A tote bag, I like to say I'm the Mary Poppins of my friend group. There I have every thing you can imagine, from band-aids to water bottles, to sunscreen and a lot of sunglasses.