interview #1 A chat with @yourantiquedoll

1. When do you begin your writing routine? (morning, afternoon, day, evening)

I tend to begin my writing either in the afternoon or at night time--whenever I have free time mainly.

2. What do you need for your writing routine? (laptop, notebook, ect)

 Usually what I need is, of course, my laptop, sometimes a notebook, and tons of tabs open on research for my stories!

3. What is your main focus, when you're working on a story?

My main focus depends on the majority on what part of the story I'm writing. I'll draft, focus on correct research, plot, characters, and grammar/spelling.

4. What is something important you've come to learn, since you've begun writing?

Since I've begun writing, I've learned to take each story as a treasure to my heart and put in all my effort, no matter how it's going along because it's YOUR story, nobody else's. Only you know what is right for your story. I've also learned to just work at my own pace or else it can be really hard to focus at times.

5. Do you believe having some sort of writing routine is helpful?

Yes, I believe a routine is very helpful (even though I tend to fail at mine) I hope to establish one that will work for me.

6. What is a writing strength of yours?

 I believe a writing strength of mine is detail. I love to add detail and within my detail, it holds a lot to the story. These details can be something no one ever thought of and makes the plot seem real and also makes it seem (hopefully) to the reader that I care and put focus and research into my stories.

7. What's is a writing weakness of yours?

A weakness would probably be consistency. I'm awful at routine and remembering to continue to write.

8. Do you ever share your writing outside Wattpad? (other social media platforms, family, friends)

I have done some work for school and showed some friends. But I tend to separate my stories from outside of Wattpad because the things I put on here tend to be totally different than other writings/stories/styles of mine.

9. What's a good piece of writing advice, when it comes to beginning a new story?

A good piece of advice in the beginning stage is to think through your story and plot. Think of what will make the story interesting. No, I'm not saying that you need to have your story completely thought out, but having bits and pieces would be very helpful to have in mind--don't just start writing blindsided.

10. Who is an author you admire and why? (on or outside wattpad)

I really admire a lot of authors outside of Wattpad--too many, but I LOVE @oatmealdad writings--they are just SO perfect.

11. Do you believe an author interacting with their readers is important?

Of course, I believe this is important to engage- and help interact. I love Wattpad exactly for this option because at times you can ask questions and share views and ideas.

12. How do you believe a writer can build a fanbase?

 I believe a writer can build a fanbase over any social media platform and interacting with other writers and readers on Wattpad.Title: The Edge (Draco Malfoy Fanfic) status: Ongoing Genre: fanfic/romance/fantasy/dark  

{Story overview}

Title:   The Edge                genre: Fanfiction 

Summary:

Mercy Nott, younger sister of Theodore Nott, was a part of the Death-Eater clan. All of her life, she thrived with the vicious, pureblooded, and ruthless wizards and witches of the world. And of course, when evil calls, that's when Draco Malfoy flourishes.

Throughout Mercy's life at Hogwarts, she learns the rebellious meaning of love that comes with trouble and regrets. But what happens when The Boy Who Lived ruins the Slytherin students' childhood? Especially Draco Malfoy and Mercy Nott.

Can Draco and Mercy find who they truly are within the other, or will their love be punished for centuries to come?

Why should someone consider reading it?

I feel like someone should consider reading it because honestly, if you're a fanfic fan, or a Harry Potter lover, and especially a Draco Malfoy lover.

What inspired the overall idea of the story?

My inspo for this story was written back in 2020, #DracoTok became trending through the internet, and like many others, I felt his story was injustice and needed a better ending. Everyone else at the end of the HP series found love, so why couldn't he? Anyway, I'm now finally back to continue his story.

Is your story a stand alone novel or a piece of a series?

stand alone