interview #6 A chat with @LTECcreations

1. When do you begin your writing routine? (morning, afternoon, day, evening)

I don't have a set time, mostly because of my sporadic schedule. But typically, It's either afternoons or evenings. 

2. What do you need for your writing routine? (laptop, notebook, ect)

I absolutely need my notebook and my laptop. I write the first draft on paper always and then edit on the computer.  

3. What is your main focus, when you're working on a story?

My focus while writing is to accurately portray what I'm imagining. That includes every aspect of the plot to including necessary sensory details to further immerse the reader. Sometimes that's harder said than done, especially during intense scenes.

4. What is something important you've come to learn, since you've begun writing?

Something important I've learned is that I cannot outline stories. I've noticed that I got writer's block more often when I had a clear outline of my story on paper. I can only keep a mental outline, since it's less rigid to me. 

5. Do you believe having some sort of writing routine is helpful?

I do if that's the type of person you are. Some people like having sudden bursts of inspiration, no matter the time of day. Others prefer to have designated hours to write. I'm a good blend of both these days.

6. What is a writing strength of yours?

 I've been told it's the way I write descriptions. I'm able to portray a clear scene and help the reader fall into the world I created 

7. What's is a writing weakness of yours?

A weakness? I don't like working on multiple projects at once. Each of my characters have a distinct voice and it can be hard to keep it consistent when I'm working on too many things.

8. Do you ever share your writing outside Wattpad? (other social media platforms, family, friends)

I do! Recently I officially published a book titled "The Lux Establishments: Sectors of Truth". It's available everywhere for purchase. Besides that, I have an Instagram where I post my journey as an author as well as discussion posts. (@lauraespinalcorp)

9. What's a good piece of writing advice, when it comes to beginning a new story?

 Beginnings of new stories either come to you instantly or you need to rewrite it a bunch of times. That's my experience these past few projects. My advice is to write it down without thinking, just get a general consensus of what you want and don't get hung up on making it perfect. The beginning may come out stiff but it'll slowly become what you want it to be. 

10. Who is an author you admire and why? (on or outside wattpad)

Rick Riordan. His books was what propelled me into a love for reading and later on, for writing. His books are a rollercoaster of emotions and I love it. 

11. Do you believe an author interacting with their readers is important?

I do! Those exchanges can be so wholesome and simply lovely to experience. 

12. How do you believe a writer can build a fanbase?

 I believe a writer can build a fan base by writing what they love and interacting with their readers. If you have a constant schedule of uploading, readers will slowly start to trickle in. Don't give up, the process requires a lot of patience. 

{Story overview}

Title: Roxy The Witch Vs A Tedious Amount of Side Quests    

  status: ongoing       Genre: Fantasy/adventure

Summary: Roxy The Witch and her Familiar embark on their first A-Grade Quest after tackling a tedious amount of side quests.

Why should someone consider reading it?

It's a nice adventure filled with magic and fun characters. If you're ever in the mood for any of those things, this story is perfect for you.

What inspired the overall idea of the story? 

A Squishmallow I saw at Walgreens inspired this story. It was sudden but amazing! 

Is your story a stand alone novel or a piece of a series?

I've been asking myself that question too. Roxy's story will take a new approach, something different than to what I have previously done. Originally, this story was meant to be a standalone, but with all of the ideas I have, it definitely won't be. Following the culmination of this arc, Roxy story will continue in a different format. Much like several serialized stories, it will have arcs and funny moments in between