interview #3 A chat with @Julia4_67

1. When do you begin your writing routine? (morning, afternoon, day, evening)

 I typically begin my writing routine after I've gotten home from school and decompressed, in a sense, for about an hour or two, then I check for homework, finish that, and start writing.

2. What do you need for your writing routine? (laptop, notebook, ect)

I need my iPad, my hearing aids (they have Bluetooth that adapts to my phone), music, and some form of sustenance.

3. What is your main focus, when you're working on a story?

 My main focus when working on a story is making sure that everything flows well and the readers understand what is happening.

4. What is something important you've come to learn, since you've begun writing?

Something important I've come to learn is most likely that writing takes a lot more brain power than I realized, especially when writing fiction. Trying to make purposeful decisions in your story, specifically in craft, is challenging.

5. Do you believe having some sort of writing routine is helpful?

 I do believe have a routine helpful because it tricks your brain into thinking that when you start that routine, you have to write.

6. What is a writing strength of yours?

A writing strength of mine is probably adding detail and making the characters stand out.

7. What's is a writing weakness of yours?

 A writing weakness of mine is definitely making the story flow well, and assuring there are no plot holes.

8. Do you ever share your writing outside Wattpad? (other social media platforms, family, friends)

I don't share my writing anywhere but a few friends of mine know it exists.

9. What's a good piece of writing advice, when it comes to beginning a new story?

 A good piece of advice is to not give up. There's going to be so many times that you ponder scrapping your whole story, but don't, someone loves it, even if it's not you.

10. Who is an author you admire and why? (on or outside Wattpad)

 I writer I admire is definitely Sarah J. Maas because her writing is always so beautiful and her craft is gorgeous.

11. Do you believe an author interacting with their readers is important?

Authors interacting with readers is very important because it's showing the readers that the author isn't this mysterious person behind a screen. And authors may take some readers advice at times.

12. How do you believe a writer can build a fanbase?

 A writer can build a fan base by making themselves known on Wattpad, through both readers and writers. And there are lovely resources just like this that help to create your fan base.

{Story overview}

Title: Fire & Ice  

Status: ongoing  

Genre: Romance

Summary:

 Amara Aceso, a 19 year old college student, living in an abusive home controlled by her uncle, runs into the mysterious, ice cold, American mafia leader, Koa Black. After meeting Koa, Amara embarks on a quest to break past Koa's hard as diamonds exterior, all while trying not to be captured and killed by the Russian mafia, who is waiting for the perfect time to strike.

Why should someone consider reading it?

People should consider reading my story because I think it has more to it than your regular old mafia romance, which, don't get me wrong, will never get old, but it has the depth that a good, well developed story needs, though I promise it isn't all plot, I swear I'm not that cruel.

What inspired the overall idea of the story?

The inspiration for the overall idea of the story is probably that I had been reading a plethora of amazing romance's but I wanted something more, that had exactly what I was looking for, so I decided to make it myself.

Is your story a stand alone novel or a piece of a series?

This story is currently a stand alone, unless my readers beg me to make it a series, then I would make another book.