Series promotion with @TheQueenofGremlins, author of Creature of Creation series

1 What is the title of your series?

"Creature of Creation"

2 What inspired the idea of your series?

If I go all the way back to when I first began, I was about 12 or 13 years old and I watched 'X-men: The Last Stand' I was really enamored by this idea of mutants, especially winged mutants, and how society would react to them, how they would fit in ect. However, I thought it would be interesting to have 'mutant' characters that have no interest in being heroes or villains, or impacting societal change, but were interested in just existing. I noticed a lot of evil lab themed sci-fis don't delve very deeply into the trauma the characters experience from their time at the lab, the MC usually escapes and gets their revenge and so on. So I wanted to explore what it would look like to examine the character's trauma and how they would go about healing from it.

3 How many books are in your series?

There are two books, "Creature of Creation" and "Phase-Two"

4 Is it the only series on your profile?

Yes, for the time being.

5 What do you desire readers take away from your series?

I really hope they have fun and come away still thinking about it, and the themes. There's a lot of different reality tunnels, so there's no central take away message other than I suppose, 'be careful about what or who you get obsessed with'

6 is your series complete or ongoing?

The first book "Creature of Creation" is complete, though I have some offline edits planned once the sequel is finished. The sequel, "Phase-Two" is ongoing and hopefully updated every Tuesday.

7 What are your future plans for your series?

I would love to be traditionally published someday. I plan on queerying once I'm confident in my draft and if that fails, I'll self publish.

8 What would be a good piece of advice for someone who desires beginning to write a series?

To keep careful notes for continuity purposes and avoid repetition.

9 Do you prefer writing a series over a standalone novel?

I prefer stand alones.

10 Who is your main character? Are there any similarities between you and your main character?

Clay and Anpiel are my main characters. Though I don't physically resemble either of them, I kind of split myself in half when making them and gave them each the two most distinct parts of my personality. I also share a sexual orientation with Clay, which is demi-pan.

11 What does your character go through in the series?

Clay is physically, emotionally and mentally transformed from the beginning and end of the book. In the beginning she is indoctrinated by the laboratory to believe she is nothing more than a killing machine, however as she learns and grows she comes to see herself as human after viewing herself as an irredeemable monster for so long. Anpiel begins the story very naive and childish, relying on Clay for protection and taking her for granted. Though as the story progresses Anpiel gets in touch with her own inner strength.

12 What does having readers for any of your stories mean to you?

Oh my gosh, it means the world to me. I was told for so long (since the beginning) to give up, scrap it and move on, that no one would ever read it let alone like it, so it truly means everything to me when people give the story their time.

1 What type of stories do you like to read?

I love stories that explore the depths of humanity which often leads me to reading a lot of dark sci-fi/ fantasy, speculative fiction and horror.

2 What type of music do you like to listen to?

I listen to a bit of everything but my main genres are metal, rock, classic rock, indie and alternative.

3 What is one of your favorite stories that you've read on wattpad?

"Callisto" by TraversingtheDark is a wonderful post-apocalyptic story that follows Rain-born and Jespar as they venture across the deadlands on a quest to find the titular and mysterious Callisto.

4 What do you believe is better for a story? {Quality or Quantity}

Oh hands down quality. I would much rather read a short story that checks all of the boxes than an epic tale that is poorly written.

5 Are you more likely to check out an ongoing or completed story?

I prefer completed because I know about how far I have to go, though on-going doesn't put me off.