interview #11 A chat with @Sun-fl0w3r_

1. When do you begin your writing routine? (morning, afternoon, day, evening)

I begin in the evening, because that is when I will most likely have some free time.

2. What do you need for your writing routine? (laptop, notebook, ect)

The "Pages" app on my phone, Grammarly, some music, and a good idea on where I want to go with the chapter or story I'm writing. (sometimes ChatGPT, if I'm feeling iffy about a certain part I just wrote)

3. What is your main focus, when you're working on a story?

 creating something that is presentable, that I feel good with, and would enjoy reading myself.

4. What is something important you've come to learn, since you've begun writing?

That I don't need to rush to get my chapters out. I was trying a thing with my current story where I would release a new chapter every Wednesday, so I could make sure that I actually finished the story. Long story short, I ended up stressing myself out and I learned I am unable to write a chapter within a 6-day period.

5. Do you believe having some sort of writing routine is helpful?

Yes, it could be. In fact, I've been thinking myself about having a more structured writing routine for my chapters, because currently I just get an idea for a chapter and write it while listening to music.

6. What is a writing strength of yours?

I have a fairly wide vocabulary, which, in writing, can help with avoiding repetition of some words.

7. What's is a writing weakness of yours?

I'm good at being descriptive, but sometimes I can get too descriptive.

8. Do you ever share your writing outside Wattpad? (other social media platforms, family, friends)

No, I do not. Wattpad is really the only site I share my stories. I would share with my sister, but every time I try she seems uninterested.

9. What's a good piece of writing advice, when it comes to beginning a new story?

Have, at the very least, a vague or very fleshed out idea for where you want to go with the whole story. (basic plot points, events, main and side characters that will appear and their personalities and/or conflicts they will face.)

10. Who is an author you admire and why? (on or outside Wattpad)

 @Yelena70X7, I think she is a great writer and I enjoy all her stories, which have creative ideas. My favorite of her [finished] stories is one called "ARC-5555: A Star Wars Story."

11. Do you believe an author interacting with their readers is important?

Yes, I believe that it is important for an author to interact with their fan base to receive feedback, constructive criticism, and it is also just fun as an author to respond to comments, or have an author respond to your comments.

12 How do you believe a writer can build a fanbase?

I am not entirely sure about this, as I do not have that large of a fanbase myself.... But I believe being active on Wattpad or wherever you post your stories might have something to do with it.

Title: Aftermath: a Republic Commando Fan Fiction

Status: work in progress

Genre: Science fiction, Fan fiction

Summary:

The Kashyyyk Campaign did not end as Scorch had expected it to. He lost a close friend and brother, and it felt he was the only one who actually cared. The once lighthearted and wisecracking commando was now bitter and cold. Loss was a battle he was never trained to fight, and he didn't know how it would affect him in the future.

Why should someone consider reading it?

I believe someone should consider reading this story especially if they are interested in Star Wars, or more specifically the Republic Commandos.

What inspired the overall idea of the story?

Long story short, I was messing around with ChatGPT and it gave me a whole storyline, with my help in making changes to the storyline because I have to give it ideas (e.g. Have this character get mad at this character for these reasons, to see how it will affect the other characters or events.)

Is your story a stand alone novel or a piece of a series?

This story will be a stand-alone book with no planned sequels.