interview #7 @darlenerwrites {Profile}

1 When type of stories do you have on your profile?

Romance, I used to have fairytale retellings but I took them down to work on them more.

2 When did you join Wattpad?

Around March of 2014 

3 What is something you've come to learn about writing, while you've been on Wattpad?

I've learned it takes a lot of bravery to put a story out there. I've leave also learned that writing is not for everyone, especially if you're not doing it because you love writing.  

4 What do you believe is important to have when creating a Wattpad profile?

I think it's important to have an open mind. Wattpad is a platform and like many platforms it's a place to grow and make friends. So having an open mind and willingness to try to become a part of the community helps 

5 Do you think you should rush to publish stories on your profile, when you first join Wattpad?

No. I don't think you should rush to publish stories. I think taking time to read others work and getting to know other readers and authors is more important.

6 What is your current story update routine?

Currently I update every Thursday—Once a week.

7 Is there anything you would've changed to your profile when you first joined Wattpad?

Everything. I would have had a catchy hook to draw people in, a bio that matched who I was, and a reading list to support other readers, 

8 Do you believe it is better to have a short or long bio section on your profile?

I don't believe the length matters. As long as you can get your message across—who you are, what you do and how it benefits your audience—you'll be fine. 

9 When you're on Wattpad, what is something you notice first on fellow Wattpad writer's profile?

I always look at books. A catchy title and cover. Then I check to see their last update. 

10 What do you believe is important to include in the bio section of your profile?

I mentioned this in an earlier question, but: who you are, what you do, and how it benefits your audience. It's important to showcase your authentic self. 

11 What are some suggestions you would share to fellow writer's about creating/maintaining a Wattpad profile?

Your profile is a reflection of you so change it up. None of us stay the same. We're constantly growing and changing so make sure your profile shows who you are. Make it easy for your audience to know what you write. I recently started putting my works under my bio and stating if they're complete or when they update. Speaking of updates, use the conversation board to interact with others. It can help you get to know them and for them to know you.