Part 18

Ning Xuan learns things very quickly, she only needs to teach the same thing once, and she can remember it completely.

After Chenghuai taught her how to read in the morning, he was going to take care of his own affairs in the afternoon. There were a lot of things that he needed to worry about. Ning Xuan noticed that during the class, the communication token on Chenghuai's waist kept flashing.

She had seen such a token in the Hehuan Sect, and the Sect Master often used it to contact other disciples.

But Xianzun Chenghuai seemed to have not seen it, and concentrated on teaching her how to read. Ning Xuan thought that since Immortal Venerable herself didn't care, she didn't need to mention it, and she would waste teaching time.

"Go here first today." 

Chenghuai saw that it was almost time, and the token around his waist began to become hot, so he proposed to take a break and continue tomorrow.

Ning Xuan watched Chenghuai leave, and the clouds that had been shielding her from the harsh sunlight also drifted away as he left.

The noon sun was too hot, so Ning Xuan moved her things back indoors.

"Miss Ning, just leave me alone." 

Lin Ming'er, who brought food to Ning Xuan, was startled when she saw that Ning Xuan actually started to move the heavy objects, she quickly helped Ning Xuan into the house, and then used the storage Bags carry yard stuff into the house.

Lin Ming'er had promised to teach Ning Xuan to practice. Taking advantage of the noon time, Lin Ming'er taught the content that she had not finished teaching yesterday.

"This is the way to temper spiritual power in the body. The purer the spiritual power, the less spiritual power is consumed by the spells used, and the better the effect."

 After Lin Ming'er finished teaching, she poured herself a glass of water.

Ning Xuan was eager to try, "Can I try it now?"

Seeing her so anxious, Lin Ming'er waved her hands again and again, 

"Don't be too hasty in your practice, Miss Ning should memorize the basic mental techniques I taught you earlier, understand them, and then run them. The spiritual power is better."

Ning Xuan had to give up temporarily.

She can only stay in Canglan Mountain for three months. After three months, when Immortal Venerable takes out the devil's womb, she has no reason to stay in Canglan Mountain anymore, so she must try her best to learn everything she needs to learn. After leaving Canglan Mountain, he will not be bullied like before.

Because she started studying, Ning Xuan found that her life had become extremely fulfilling. She used to feel that time was going by too long. Now, once she started studying, she didn't know what time it was. After all, there were gifts from Immortal Venerable in the house. The shark tears can ensure sufficient light in the house.

The afterglow of the setting sun came into the room. Ning Xuan was practicing writing her own name. She put Chenghuai's name aside and tried her best to copy his handwriting, but she couldn't learn it.

Suddenly, her wrist trembled, and the fetus, who had been quiet for a day, found the moment when it could make trouble, and began to dash wildly.

Ning Xuan clenched the brush in her hand and tried to put it back with trembling hands, so as not to contaminate other papers, but the pain was so severe that her calf started to cramp again, making her almost unable to breathe.

"Ning Xuan!"

 Immortal Venerable's voice sounded anxious, but it seemed to be very far away from her, as if there was a membrane that could not be seen or pierced.

Ning Xuan felt that her body was wrapped in a warm embrace, and the familiar aura completely wrapped her, as if telling her - don't be afraid, it will be fine.

Under the pressure of the powerful spiritual force, the devil in the stomach finally calmed down and did not dare to continue to be presumptuous.

Chenghuai hugged Ning Xuan, who was in a coma from the pain, and put her on the bed in the inner room. Seeing her pale face and the cold sweat on her forehead, her heart was aching.

He carefully wiped away the cold sweat on her forehead with a clean towel, watching her frown from pain gradually loosen, her face became calm, and her mood was at peace.

Chenghuai, who was sitting in front of the bed, turned his attention to Ning Xuan's bulging belly. He was still holding a towel to wipe off Ning Xuan's sweat.

what is he doing now? Chenghuai reacted with hindsight. When facing Ning Xuan, he seemed to have changed abruptly, but now that the demon embryo is in Ning Xuan's body, it can only play its role on Ning Xuan at most, hurting her. He can't control other people's emotions, but why is he still uneasy because of Ning Xuan?

Chenghuai still had a lot of business at hand. He thought that Ning Xuan couldn't sleep because of the devil's fetus last night. When he came back to his senses, he had come to Ning Xuan's yard and saw her pale face that was too painful to speak. All his movements are the body first, the brain has just reacted.

If it is said that he was bewitched by the devil in the secret realm of Hehuan, why is he still like this now? Is it just because she is the one who gave birth to the devil's womb?

Chenghuai thought to himself, if it were another person, he would never be upset because of that person, and he would never let go of the important affairs in his hand because of that person, always thinking about her.

He's not like him anymore.

Why?

Ning Xuan woke up at night and found that the demon in her stomach had finally stopped. She subconsciously turned her head to look at the screen, and saw the vague figure sitting beside the round table in the small hall.

There were many brochures and books on the table, and he turned the books so lightly that there was almost no sound, as if he was worried that he might disturb someone.

Ning Xuan closed her eyes again, listening to the sound of the pages turning gently in her ears, and gradually fell asleep.

When Ning Xuan retracted her gaze, Chenghuai stopped, looked up at the screen, heard her long breathing, and went back to do her own thing.

Ning Xuan has lived a fulfilling and peaceful life recently. In the morning, she learns to read with Immortal Chenghuai, and in the afternoon she learns the basics of cultivation practice. In the evening, Immortal Chenghuai will move his unfinished work here to accompany her to sleep. .

Lin Ming'er and Huo Zhengqing were out on a mission for the past two days. When they came back, Lin Ming'er brought some gifts to Ning Xuan.

"These are rouge gouache powders that are popular in the world." 

Although Lin Ming'er thought that Ning Xuan was stunningly beautiful even without makeup, but every time she was grooming, Ning Xuan would stare at the mirror for a while and guess she was Did you also want to dress up like a girl in the mortal world?

Ning Xuan used to be in the Hehuan Sect, and the most thing she did on weekdays was to dress herself up. Now that she came to Canglan Mountain, it was really unaccustomed to skip this step.

"Thank you, Sister Ming'er." 

Ning Xuan was getting closer and closer to Lin Ming'er. She really liked this girl.

Lin Ming'er was a little embarrassed, scratched her face, and said, "I haven't used these before, and I don't know if you like it or not, Miss Ning, try it."

Ning Xuan picked up a box of rouge, tapped some of it with her fingertips, and tried the color on the back of her hand.

She raised her eyes and was about to speak to Lin Minger when she met the envy in Lin Minger's eyes.

"Sister Ming'er, can you do me a favor?" Ning Xuan winked at her.

Before Lin Ming'er asked what to do, she nodded her head, "Of course."

Ning Xuan motioned her to sit down, then untied her long hair, let it loose, and brushed it again.

"The things that the suzerain and elders of the Hehuan Sect gave me the most were jewelry, dresses and rouge gouache. When I have nothing to do, I will study how to dress up. I also have some experience in beauty."

Lin Ming'er took the small mirror that she handed over, and looked down at her current appearance, with a plain face, thick eyebrows and big eyes, a little boyish, and subconsciously bit her lower lip, thinking that she couldn't be as beautiful as Ning girl. No matter how she dresses up, it doesn't help, but it's not easy to refuse Miss Ning's kindness, so she thought about going back for a while and then cleaning it well.

In the mirror, Ning Xuan stood behind her, a pair of nimble hands helped her lightly gather her long hair, and then she combed her hair into a bun, revealing her beautiful and fair face.

Ning Xuan took the mirror in her hand, motioned her to turn around, facing herself, re-shaved her eyebrows, and put a layer of powder on her.

Lin Ming'er smelled the fragrance of Fendai, and remembered that this was the fragrance of those beautiful girls she smelled in the mortal world, like the fragrance of flowers and plants.

Neither of them noticed Immortal Venerable and Senior Brother standing at the gate of the courtyard.

The scene of Ning Xuan dressing Lin Ming'er was as beautiful as a painting.

Huo Zhengqing saw Lin Ming'er raised her head slightly, with a shy and happy expression, which was a side he had never seen before.

Chenghuai's eyes always fell on Ning Xuan, he couldn't help recalling the first time he saw her, she was different from the plain and elegant without makeup, her beauty was rich and grand.

The way she helped Lin Ming'er now seemed to exude holy light all over her body, which made him wonder, if... it would be great if what she was carrying was not a demon but their child.

=========================================

The author has something to say:

a chapter first! Good night~