Part 40

It was supposed to be a quiet night.

Ning Xuan was lying on the bed, and as soon as she closed her eyes, she would recall the look in the eyes of Immortal Venerable looking at her. There was so much emotion in his eyes, she had never seen such desperate eyes.

He opened his lips, as if he wanted to say something to her, but he couldn't even utter a single syllable from his throat, and his eyes instantly turned red in front of her, as if it would shatter into countless pieces in the next second.

Even she cannot tell the fact that "she" no longer exists.

Ning Xuan tossed and turned on the bed, unable to fall asleep.

She had heard about Xianzun and his partner. If Xianshi was right, his partner was killed by himself. In the world, his partner died because he wanted to destroy the demon, so he died honorably, but Once Ning Xuan substitutes herself into that woman.

With a magic womb in her belly, she was penetrated by a sword from her Taoist companion, what would she feel?

Did she choose to leave without regrets because of her ideals?

That night, Ning Xuan had a long dream, and when she woke up, she didn't even know what time it was.

She woke up with tears all over her face, but she didn't know why she was crying.

"Your Highness, after Young Master Li left this letter, he disappeared!" 

The maid who served Li Yao hurriedly walked in from outside, knelt in front of Ning Xuan, and handed the letter with both hands.

Ning Xuan was startled, and she regained her senses. First, she ordered to search for the person, and then she took the letter and opened it to read it carefully.

Li Yao actually left at night. He knew magic, and the guards of the Princess Mansion couldn't even notice his departure.

Leave without saying goodbye, just because he doesn't like to be separated.

The Hai people take "life" very seriously and "death" very lightly. Li Yao sent away one after another of the Hai people, no one knew better than him the taste of parting. In his view, life and death are equally important matters. He can't choose how he "lives", but he can choose how he "dies".

Compared with death, he would rather be separated, at least he can live in the thoughts of others.

He admired Ning Xuan's bravery and the way she treated her friends. These days, Li Yao spent the happiest days in his life. He couldn't understand why Ning Xuan would go to risk alone and bet on an illusory possibility. What if she lost the bet? She may never return to her hometown, just like the stranger who died on the boat.

When Ning Xuan took him to visit Ning Country, Li Yao gradually understood.

Compared with the towns they passed by when they returned to Ningguo from Haizhu, Ningguo was very safe. Not only was there no intrusion from magic cultivators, but the government had the "eyes" of the royal family, that is, the spirit guards were supervising them. As long as the superiors are sober and make appropriate decisions, the country can stand firm.

And this emperor really managed the country well.

When Ning Xuan took Li Yao out, as a princess, she had just the right sense of distance from the people. She was walking on the road to the national capital, and when she saw any uneven brick, she would think whether it would hinder the lives of street merchants or people.

And the common people also intended to make things easier for her, the princess. These "intentions" were not intended to be known to her, but they were just a little bit of their intentions for her.

Li Yao saw all these things in his eyes and kept them in his heart.

When I went to Bei'an Academy, Li Yao saw a master explaining the students' doubts. The master was extremely patient and explained the problem to him over and over again. The students' questions jumped too fast. When another question came up, the master took the student and ran to the other master, and bluntly said that he couldn't answer this question, so he had to hire another wise man. , moved a small bench over, and listened to the class together.

If Ning Xuan had grown up in such an environment, Li Yao would have understood why she could think more, do more, and act more than others.

When Li Yao was in the Princess Mansion, he was bored and chatted with the old servants of the Princess Mansion. He heard about Ning Xuan and her brothers, and learned that her brothers were unscrupulous for the throne, and even sent someone to assassinate them. He had experienced her, but it was difficult for him to see from the current Ning Xuan that she had had such an experience.

And Ning Xuan's two "friends", Fu Nanxing and Duan Yunkuo.

Li Yao thought of the way the three of them got along with each other, the atmosphere that made people almost speechless, and he also wanted to have such good friends.

However, it was enough for him to have Ning Xuan.

"Thank you. My dear friend, Ning Xuan. You fulfilled your promise, and I will fulfill my promise. There will be an appointment later."

Ning Xuan looked at the two words written on the signature - Li Yao, her nose was slightly sour.

She thought to herself: There will be a period in the future.

"There's no need to look for it. He's back."