Part 26

There are guards in the palace patrolling at the gate of Qingyuntai, but the inside of Qingyuntai is empty, not even a single sweeping palace guard.

Ning Xuan walked into Qingyuntai next to Duan Yunkuo, holding an exquisite carved food box in her hand. She looked left and right, and she always felt that it was different from when she came back.

By the way, when she came last time, it was surrounded by clouds and mist, and she could only see the shadows of some buildings, so she lost her way when she walked. It was obvious that she came in through the entrance and left He even returned to the entrance after a circle, completely missing the prince's apprenticeship ceremony.

Ning Xuan subconsciously looked towards the tallest building. I heard that it is the residence of the national teacher, and it is also the highest place in the entire palace.

Perhaps because there was no one around, it seemed that the place became more and more quiet, and only the footsteps of her and Duan Yunkuo could be heard.

"There's no sound at all here, it's so deserted." 

Ning Xuan would be scared in such a quiet environment. Moreover, because the entire Qingyuntai was so large, it became more and more lonely and empty. It was a good day when the sky was clear. If it was night, Ning Xuan would never set foot here.

She didn't like to be alone since she was a child, and she didn't like to be in a square, small yard with walls; she didn't like to be in a high place, in a dark place.

The former was because she felt depressed and breathless, as if she had been alone in such a place for a long time, while the latter was because every time she stood at a high place, she would have a vague memory, which made her feel uncomfortable. She unconsciously wanted to jump from a height, as if she had done it before.

Once, when she woke up from a dream, her maid didn't notice that the candle in her bedroom was extinguished because she was fast asleep. 

When Ning Xuan woke up, she couldn't find anyone. She stared at the dark palace and cried silently for a whole night. His eyes were red and swollen. 

When the emperor found out the next day, he specially found an ever-bright lantern for her to pay tribute from other countries. Since then, her palace was brightly lit even at night.

The crown prince had also made fun of Ning Xuan about her fear of the dark, but it was only a small fight between the two brothers and sisters, and it was harmless.

"On weekdays, in the entire Qingyuntai, there is no one else except the National Teacher and His Royal Highness." 

Duan Yunkuo recalled that when he first came here, he didn't even have anyone to lead the way, but he just entered Qingyuntai. , then you have a judgment on where you want to go, you don't even need to think, just go in the direction you want.

Legend has it that the Master of the National Teacher has great magical powers. Maybe he just entered Qingyuntai, and the Master of the National Teacher sensed it and gave him directions, so there is no need for a guide.

Ning Xuan stared at her round eyes, she couldn't believe that someone in this world could live in such an empty place by herself for several years, but if this person was a national teacher, she seemed to understand, after all, a national teacher. The adults are very powerful, and they will definitely not be like her, afraid of loneliness and the dark.

"Master National Teacher is really brave." 

Ning Xuan compared herself and found that her courage was really not that small.

The boy pursed his lips when he heard the princess' praise.

He also dared to come to Qingyuntai alone.

On the other side, the prince saw that the national teacher did not know what to think, the corner of his mouth smiled slightly, and his mood seemed to suddenly become brighter, as if the panic just now was the prince's illusion.

"Let's go here today." 

The national teacher put down the book and waved to the prince.

The prince was full of doubts, didn't today's class just start not long ago? But he didn't dare to question the national teacher. Besides, the intensity of study these days was so intense that the national teacher finally gave him an early dismissal, and he was too happy to be happy.

"Thank you sir."