Part 39

The first day of each month is the day when temple officials inspect the National Protector Array and report to the National Teacher.

Recently, the rumors about the relationship between the National Teacher and Her Royal Highness have become more and more intense. They also accidentally bumped into Her Royal Highness with the "Li Gongzi" who resembles the National Teacher on a tour of the capital, and even brought people to the capital. temple.

"That young master Li dared to speak rudely in the temple, saying that gods can't save mortals at all, so why do we still worship these gods. If it wasn't for the princess's sake, I would have let him out!" 

The temple officials raised their eyebrows in anger.

The officials who came with him to report to the National Teacher were dressed in purple long robes, black hats, and two bead strings hanging down on both sides. They were also as angry as him. Swing wildly.

"I don't know what kind of drug the man gave Her Royal Highness, so that Her Highness doted on him so much. The Princess even took him to Bei'an Academy. The man spoke with a foreign accent and spoke vulgarly. Just like the book, he is also qualified to approach Bei'an Academy?!"

This official did not read Bei'an Academy back then, but this did not hinder his longing for Bei'an Academy, seeing Li Yao only need Her Royal Highness Princess to bring I was very unhappy that I was able to enter the Bei'an Academy.

"Oh, he is only favored by Her Royal Highness because of his resemblance to the national teacher. Apart from his appearance, what advantages does he have for the princess to treat him like this?" The companion sneered.

The two stood at the door of Qingyuntai, looked up at the tall buildings in the distance, swallowed a mouthful of saliva, pressed this matter into their hearts, and then lifted their legs and walked into Qingyuntai.

However, Cheng Huai, who was sitting firmly in the inner room, had already listened to all their discussions.

He turned into a water mirror.

Ning Xuan was in the capital, very close to him, so he didn't need to consume too much spiritual power to see what Ning Xuan was doing at the moment.

A screen was separated, and two officials were reporting to him outside the National Protection Law Array, while Chenghuai looked at the men and women in the water mirror, and squeezed the cup with a force.

In the water mirror, Ning Xuan took Li Yao to fly a kite in the suburbs. Li Yao had never flown a kite before, so Ning Xuan taught him how to do it. There were so many maids by her side, but she didn't let outsiders teach him.

The kite flew high, Ning Xuan looked up at the kite in the air, and raised a bright smile at Li Yao, her eyes shone bright and dazzling.

Chenghuai watched her smile at another man who was so similar to him, and smiled so beautifully, as if his heart was tightly grasped by a pair of hands, he could hardly breathe.

She smiled at him only a handful of times.

This scene in the water mirror hurt his eyes.

Chenghuai crushed the cup, and the two officials on the other side of the screen did not dare to let out the air, so they fell to their knees in fright. Life is so angry, is it because the words they said at the gate of Qingyuntai were heard by the National Teacher?

"Master National Teacher, you...you can rest assured that after we go down, we will definitely deal with those rumors from the outside world! Never let anyone spread such rumors again!" 

They knelt on the ground and dared not lift their heads. The low air pressure crushed their spines.

Chenghuai closed his eyes, looked away from the water mirror, and looked at the two kneeling on the ground at the other end of the screen.

"What is the rumor?" 

The official thought that the National Teacher was beating them and dared not tell lies, so he honestly said: 

"There are rumors from the outside that Her Royal Highness the Princess is pleased with the National Teacher, so I found a very similar to you from outside. Man, treat him with all kinds of obedience and love him in every possible way..."

Chenghuai was stunned for a moment, then looked up at the men and women in the water mirror.

Indeed, the man standing opposite Ning Xuan looked almost exactly like him, and she looked at him and smiled.... Could it be because of his appearance?

Thinking of that possibility, Chenghuai's heart began to beat violently.

After sending the outsiders away, Chenghuai walked into the inner room.

The four dark stone lamps were still standing at the four corners, and the stone lamp in the middle was not lit.

Chenghuai took out an exquisite wooden box from the dark grid, opened the box, and there were a few remaining mermaid tears lying quietly inside.

These are the mermaid tears he gave to Ning Xuan. They glowed dimly, as if waiting for their master to retrieve them.

For countless nights, he has been thinking about what step he did wrong in the past to let them end like this.

Did it start when he deceived Ning Xuan? Or earlier, in the secret realm of Hehuan?

Chenghuai closed the box, and took out the soul-detaining lamp from the dark compartment.

There is only a wick that he made with half of his soul and cultivation base. There is no flame, but there is a little spark in it, which is part of Ning Xuan's remaining soul power in his previous life. Any mortal with immortal fate can die. Use a special medium to store their soul power, and this part of the soul power is also their "obsession" and "memory".

Just like Bo Yu of the Spiritual Guard, he asked Yuan Zhe to use jade to store his soul power, just to judge Ning Xuan's true identity.

He originally just wanted to protect her in this life, but when he saw Li Yao, who looked exactly like him, standing beside Ning Xuan, an idea came to his mind.

Why can't it be him? After all, they have the same appearance.

Chenghuai closed the dark grid.

The moon-white big-sleeved shirt covered his body like the wings of a moth. He knew it was fire, and he was willing to pounce on it.

How could he be willing to watch her with other men?

Just seeing her smiling at others made him mad with jealousy.

It was late at night, and Ning Xuan, who had been playing wildly with Li Yao for a day, returned to the mansion and specially sent him back to the yard where he lived.

Li Yao told her that after today, he will return to the ocean.

Ning Xuan accompanied him around the entire capital, and picked up her childhood memories with him little by little, only to realize that she had experienced so much.

She leaned against the wall of Banyueyuan's gate and looked at Li Yao's room from a distance. The lights in his room were dimmed, and she should have gone to bed.

Li Yao said that he often felt bored in Haizhu Country, and the thing he did the most was sleeping, so he practiced the good habit of "sleeping as soon as he touched the pillow".