funny monkey business (shadowpeach)

(THIS WAS A REQUEST BY: cllh46 )

(I fell in love with this idea so without further ado let's read! )

_____________

Macaque was bored, VERY bored. He sat in his hammock. He felt like doing some schemin'! He decided he would try and spy on the great sage to obtain some information about him. But how?

After some long and hard thinking he had come up with a plan to mess with wukong. Oh the things that he does when he's bored.

He would use his power to shape shift into one of those little monkeys wukong hangs around so much, he tested it out, he was a different color but that would do. He headed to flower fruit mountain.

[at the mountain]

Macaque landed in one of the trees, watching wukong from afar. He was propped on his own tail, reading all while snacking on a peach. Some of the little monkeys surrounding him. Macaque took this chance to shape shift in the tree.

Macaque joined another group of monkeys and followed them

Wukong looked at the group of monkeys crawling up to him, he then noticed an unfamiliar looking one and crouched down at the monkey "you remind me of an old friend little one." Wukong said smiling. Macaques eyes tried to refrain from widening. What was he talking about?

Macaque kept his normal face, chirping at the golden monkey trying to seem friendly.

"Well aren't you cute. You're different, I like you!" Wukong picked macaque up "I'm gonna keep you." Wukong pet the black furred monkey. Macaque hated to admit it but it felt nice, but it was wukong we were talking about and macaque hated his guts...he thought.

________

Wukong went inside and placed the monkey on his table. "Alright little one, if you're gonna stay here your gonna need a bath!" Wukong picked the monkey up heading towards his bathroom.

Macaque panicked, chirping loudly in distress and trying to escape the others grip. "Stop it little guy, you need a bath so you can be clean!" Wukong tightened his grip.

After a very awkward bath later. Well it was kind of one sided awkwardness, macaque wrapped in a small towel his face flushed in embarrassment. Wukong coming out the bathroom with the burrito-wrapped monkey in his arms.

"See? That wasn't so bad, now you're all clean!" Wukong said unwrapping the grumpy macaque or- monkey. He tossed him in the air a couple times.

"Okay now do whatever you want, roam around, explore! So you can get used to your new home." Wukong said walking off to the living room.

Macaque gave a mischievous grin, he might as well take this time to look around to know wukongs weaknesses and strengths and maybe some other useless secrets, who knows.

Macaque jumped from the table and made his way to wukongs room. When he entered, it was surprisingly tidy. Not all the way clean as there was some discarded clothes and empty peach chip bags on his night stand. 'Hm. Wonder what's in that drawer.' Macaque thought. He took his little monkey hands and opened it.

There he saw some very, VERY old pictures. It was of him and wukong when they were still best friends. 'Why does he still have these?'

His thoughts came to a halt when wukong walked into the room, catching the dark monkey looking through that drawer. "Woahhh hey little bud watcha lookin through?" Wukong took the ebony monkey and placed him gently on his shoulder.

"Oh. Yeah..i forgot I had these." Wukong grabbed the photos walking over to his bed, sitting in it in a criss cross position. Carefully looking through the photos, softly smiling at the memories it gave him.

Macaques eyes widened, 'what the hell..? ' macaque thought, trying his hardest to keep his innocent curious expression. Macaque needs to know more and how he had these...and why.

Macaque jumped from his shoulder and tapped the photos and then wukong. "Oh you wanna know more about these?" Wukong waved the pictures in front of the small monkey. Macaque nodded eagerly and sat down.

"Well...these are some old pictures of a very old friend of mine. We were the best of friends and at the time I wouldn't have it any other way, but...we aren't on good terms anymore. Though maybe if we both tried to come and fix our relationship then everything could work out and we'd be friends again...possibly even more." Wukong mumbled.

Macaque barely heard that last part but at this point he couldn't hold back his facial expressions. His eyes filled with shock, his jaw almost on the floor. Wukong was about to turn toward the little monkey when macaque nuzzled his head into his arm. Trying to hide his face from the now very visible emotion swelling up inside of him.

"You're a cuddly little one aren't you?" Wukong scratched the back of macaques head. Macaque actually liked this and leaned into the touch, still thinking back on what wukong had said.

"Alright well let's get ready for bed." Wukong changed and climbed into the bed, putting macaque beside him cuddling him with one arm.

"Goodnight little guy." Wukong drifted off to sleep.

'What's going on? What is this damn weird fluttering feeling...? He said we could be even.. more?? What does he mean by that? I can't take this anymore I have to tell him the truth. So much for trying to obtain information.' Macaque figured he'd tell him tomorrow morning. For now he'd just melt into wukongs arms.

[The next morning]

Macaque woke up a little later than wukong. He was already out of bed and sitting in the living room, watching TV.

Macaque slowly crawled into the living room. He sat in front of the TV, guilt coating his eyes and face. "You alright little buddy? What's wrong?" Wukong sat up a bit on the couch.

Macaque gave one last gulp and finally turned to his normal form. His tail growing along with his hair, limbs and his face morphing back to normal. His face looked apologetic and guilty. Wukongs eyes grew wide.

"W-WHAT?! it was YOU?! why...? Oh no.. You heard everything I said." Wukong put a hand on his forehead.

"Listen..i did hear what you said and i uh- I wouldn't mind...starting over." Macaque looked away bashful. Wukongs eyes lit up, "REALLY?!" Wukong jumped from the couch.

"Yes really... I also heard the more than friends part and...id love nothing more." Macaque chuckled.

"Oh!! Oh my gods yes! We'll take it one step at a time. Whenever you're ready mac." Wukong hugged the darker monkey as he hesitantly hugged back.

"Of course wukong." They brought their foreheads together.

"Of course."

__________

Guess who's back to writing some shadowpeach 😈 ALSO THANK YOU ALL SO SO MUCH FOR 16K WERE ALMOST TO 20K!!