Soukoku

Thank you, @notyourtypicalbeing for so much ideas! I really appreciate that :D
If it's not up to your expections, I really apologize, as I'm not really good at writing stories.

If you have a request to make, please comment it in the "Introduction", otherwise I would definitely get more confused if I saw requests from other chapters xD or if you're lazy then just comment it at the Ideas column below the story

Now, on with the story!

The clink sound when the mouth of the glass wine bottle gently hits against the glass.

The flow of the red liquid, the taste of wine lingering in your mouth as you finished and poured out another.

This had became a daily rountine for a certain mafia executive, namely Nakahara Chuuya. Sure, Kouyou had nagged at him to stop drinking so much as he could get terrible hangovers the next day, but it's either he drinks and suffer from the hangovers, or lay on bed in exhaustion but couldn't sleep for hours. Obviously he preferred drinking.

After Dazai left, Chuuya found himself getting so many missions to complete in one day from Mori, and there is no way he would reject those. He would complete those missions, dragged his tired body to the pub Dazai and his friends went to, ordered a bottle of wine(A/N: It's kinda a headcanon for me that Chuuya had a secret wine stash in his bedroom ngl), poured himself a glass and downed it. However, the only problem Chuuya often found out in the morning is that he, in his drunk state, had often called his ex partner, but let's get to the present time now.

This night was the most exhausted Chuuya had ever been. He had fight against some gangs, attend several meetings, did some paperwork till his hands and eyes ached and training young Akutagawa. He didn't mind the training part if he's honest, Akutagawa had so much strength that it didn't take long for it to finish, but the paperwork! It was piled up so high that it could possibly hit the ceiling! Well, not really but you get my point. So he drank, like usual, and called his ex partner again in his drunk state.

△▽△▽△

The detective was at home, reading his suicidal book again on his bed when a slight vibration was felt. He looked at his phone vibrating beside him, then looked at the time.

"It's 2:45 am in the morning. Who the hell would be calling me at this time?" He mumbled, putting down his book and looking at the caller's ID.

Chibi is calling...

He felt a wave of guilt when he saw who it was. Ever since he left, Chuuya had kept calling him in his drunk state, and ranting to him about the missions and the occasional I miss you and Are you going to come back?, but he didn't take much action about it back then as Odasaku's death had shocked his body. But since he's considered a traitor to the Mafia, he would find himself arguing with...well, himself about it.

Well, tonight's the night he should take action. He dragged himself out of his bed, put on his sand-coloured trench coat, and walked out of the door to go to the pub to see the executive.

△▽△▽△

He went inside the pub, painful memories piling up as he recalled how him, Odasaku and Ango would sit together and have a chat while drinking whisky. That is, before Ango had tried to poison his friend. Ever since Odasaku's death, he had never forgived Ango for that. He mentally pushed those memories away as his eyes focused on the executive finishing another glass, his phone still dialing Dazai, but since the brunette had put his phone on silent, Chuuya couldn't hear the ring tone. He declined the call, and walked up to the redhead.

"Hey, Chibi. Long time no see" He greeted as he took a sit beside him. Chuuya flinched, startled and turned to see the detective. He stared, blinking multiple times.

"D-Dazai?" He mumbled, his voice slightly slurring.

"C'mon, let's go home, okay?"

△▽△▽△

Dazai carefully helped the redhead to lay down on the bed. In no time, the executive was sleeping soundly. Dazai stared at the other's calm face, taking in the beauty before he finally asked the question in a low tone as to not wake him up.

"Do you really miss me?"

As a reply, the executive turned, his back facing the brunette. He chuckled when he saw Chuuya sleeping in his usual Mafia outfit. Oh boy, would he be pissed at the fact he went to sleep in that. He took the hat with much care and placed it on the bedside table.

"Y'know...even though I still think the hat's ugly, it does fit with Chibi" Dazai mumbled to himself before focusing on a framed picture.

The picture inside the frame was Dazai when he was still in the Mafia and Chuuya, sticking their tongues out. He chuckled, remembering how Kouyou wanted a decent picture of both of them but they wouldn't cooperate. As he didn't want the picture, he gave Chuuya, whom swore he would burn it as soon as possible.

"Who would have thought he would keep it?" He mumbled, amused. He turned to look at Chuuya again and patted hi shoulder before getting up and walking out of the door. He turned and stared at the brick house before him.

Sure, they're enemies and often fight with each other. They hate each other, but he must admit, they were perfect as a duo too. They would have each other's backs, are concerned for each other's health, though maybe none of them would admit that, and knew what actions the other would take. There's just so much to them that makes you curious about their perfect bond and wanted to know more.

Dazai smiled to no one in particular. He remembered all of the days in the mafia with Chuuya. The arguements, the fights, so violent but yet so amusing. He turned, mumbling one more sentence before walking away, making it seem that he wasn't there.

"Till we meet again as enemies, Nakahara Chuuya"

Ideas: