New Year

Happy New Year everyone :) I wish all of you to have a very happy 2023 :)

A year. A whole year has went by. It felt as if it was still November. During the entire year, Atsushi has experienced quite a lot of things that he himself found it hard to believe it happened.

Him dating Akutagawa was on top of the list. He had never expected that the executive will even fall for him, nor him falling for the executive. It still made him wonder to this day how did they even end up like this. One moment it was them being arch enemies, next it's them going on a date.

Second on the list is that nearly all of the ADA is dating the Port Mafia. After all, he was pretty sure that they were supposed to be rivals?? How in the world did it turn from them fighting each other into them dating their rivals?? Kunikida has a similar question too, but Yosano has pointed out that he's literally dating somebody who went against his ideals in his book.

Third on the list is, well, Kunikida going against his ideals to date Katai. Katai is a really sweet and kind person, but even Atsushi knows that he wasn't the type Kunikida has wrote in his notebook about. Out of every couples' announcement, his was the most surprising since most of them weren't expecting him to be dating Katai, or more specific, a male who lazes at home all day with his futon. Comfy and cosy. But definitely not similar to the blond's 'ideal type'.

Atsushi slightly frowned as he stared into a distance, zoning out. To the point where Akutagawa has to shake him roughly to snap out of it.

"Huh?… Wha…?" The weretiger mumbled, blinking fast. The executive stopped shaking him and carefully examined the younger before him, making sure that he was still alright. Atsushi had finally realized what was going on around him after a few seconds.

"Oh, hey Aku. When did you get here?" The younger asked. However, he saw the slight change of expression on Akutagawa's face and knew something was wrong already. Or he said something wrong. Goodness knows what he did this time.

"You came over to my house though…?" The executive replied, confused. Atsushi blinked, running his hands through his own hair as he began going through his memories. Now that he think of it, yes he did come over to his lover's house…but for what reason again? Something to do with booking…?

Then Atsushi finally remembered. He was going to book somewhere to watch fireworks and had also thought his colleagues might want to watch them too so he asked them which they all agreed to. To think of it, Ranpo had also asked Fukuzawa to tag along.

So he went over to his lover's house to ask for any recommendations to watch fireworks since he pretty much acted before realizing he doesn't even have a place booked to watch the fireworks. Obviously he could have texted but he knew that the executive mostly kept his phone silent so it's not really a choice.

"Right…"

"…So why did you come over?" The executive handed a mug of hot chocolate to the other since the temperature has dropped lately. Which had made those who knew Akutagawa worried due to the executive's health. Which made Atsushi realized that he had also come over to check on his lover.

"I was wondering if you have any place recommendations to watch fireworks…?"

Akutagawa blinked at the answer. "You could have text me?"

"You don't even answer your phone most of the time, how am I supposed to just text you?"

"…Good point"

"So do you?"

Akutagawa let out a small hum, trying to think of any places. Then out of nowhere, Gin poked her head in the room and started to ask her brother something, which made both of them startled. "Hey Aku- oh are you busy?" She had noticed Atsushi in the room too.