RanPoe

Another short oneshot...Haiz

:)

The average height man with black fluffy hair surrounding his pale face and tightly shut eyes walked along the pavement, humming a small tune as he walked. He was assigned to another crime scene, apparently two people had been shot in just a few seconds with precise aiming and now they're trying to figure out where could the criminal be.

Ranpo arrived at a place that had police cars surrounding the scene, with several policemen standing around it. One went forward and held out his hand as a polite greeting. Ranpo just ignored it and went in, leaving the man standing there with his hand out. He scratch the back of his neck awkwardly before going in after the detective. Just then, the detective saw a sight that made him open his eyelids, revealing emerald green eyes filled with shock.

A tall man with purplish brown long hair was lying there in a pool of blood, with a raccoon sitting beside, looking at its owner like it's wondering why isn't he responding. Ranpo doesn't care about anything right then anymore. He didn't care about the reason he was there, the other person whom had ginger hair who was lying in a pool of blood too, the fact that he was in public. The only thing on his mind was the person he saw with the raccoon sitting beside. He rushed towards the man, and kneel down by his side and gently shook him while whispering his name with a few other words in fright.

"Poe! Wake up! You're not dead, right? Please, please wake up!" The detective begged. The raccoon went beside the black-haired man, and climbed up to his shoulder, familiar with the person. The man stirred before opening his eyelids slowly, revealing his violet eyes.

"Ugh...Ranpo?" Poe whispered as the light filled his vision. He felt his back being soaking wet and blinked a couple of times, trying to gather his memory. Then he remembered it all. How he was walking along with someone else, then got ambushed by another person and got shot immediately, not giving him time to react...

Ranpo was delighted to find out that his lover was conscious. "Hold on, I'm calling an ambulance!"

Poe kept his mouth shut, not wanting to tell his lover that he thought that it might be too late for an ambulance. His lover called for an ambulance on his phone and waited for it. While waiting, Poe raised his arm and gently carrasses Ranpo's cheek with his hand.

"Ranpo...I don't want to say this..." the black-haired man froze. He knew what the other was going to say.

"Then don't. Have faith in this. You'll survive, I promise." Ranpo said, shaking as his voice shook too. He can't accept this. Of couse Poe would be fine.

"I won't make it Ranpo..."

"You will!"

"Ok let's just say I don't...will you take care of Karl and carry on with your life as normal for me?"

"I..."

"Please?"

"...Fine. But that is, if you die! You won't yet! I won't allow it!"

"Ranpo!" The man raised his other arm and held Ranpo's other cheek. He slowly sat up and touched his forehead against the other, looking at him straight in the eyes.

"I won't...make it...so please, take care of Karl...and carry on with your life...okay? And...love someone else...again..." Poe whispered, seeing darkness starting to surround him.

"Poe..." Ranpo whispered, clutching one of the other's hands as tears spilled out from his eyes.

"I...love you...Edogawa Ranpo" the other's body suddenly went limp and fell onto Ranpo. The detective's eyes widened and quickly held Poe's shoulders at arm length.

"Poe? Poe! No...POE!" Ranpo yelled, tears rushing down as he clutched the other's body. The hand he was clutching was starting to lose its warmth, and Poe didn't flinched when the tears drop on his pale face. Oh how Ranpo badly wanted this to be a nightmare and wake up in Poe's arms again...

△▽△▽△

The Armed Detective Agency and Port Mafia stood around as the funeral began. Apparently, Tachihara had been the someone else that died together with Poe. The Guild didn't come since they were currently in America and couldn't make it back to Japan in time, but they gave their condolences to Poe.

Tanizaki was sobbing into Naomi's shoulder, who had tears spilling from her eyes. Ranpo stood there right in front of Poe's gravestone. His emerald green eyes, now looking lifeless, wasn't shedding any tears but looked sore and puffy, indicating that he had been crying the night before. The raccoon was lying on top of his head just as how it did when Poe was alive. Just then he felt a squeeze on his shoulder, making him startled. He turned to see Kunikida beside him.

"I'm sorry" were the words that came out from the blond's mouth. He patted the other's shoulder before walking away, giving Ranpo some space. He then realized what was happening. The funeral was over. Everyone was leaving.

He stood there as everyone left him alone. The clouds started to gather together but he didn't care. Raindrops started falling on him and the raccoon. Karl immediately ran down Ranpo to the ground and ran inside the portable cage that Ranpo had brought for some reason. His hair, clothes, everything was getting wet but he just stood there, finally letting the tears come. He squatted down, letting his emotions come out. He sobbed as he covered his eyes, the rain soaking him. Just then, Poe's last words came to his mind.

I won't make it

Don't say that!

So please take care of Karl

I will, I promise

And carry on with your life, okay?

How? How can I?

And love someone else again

I can't! I love you, Poe, not someone else!

I love you, Edogawa Ranpo

I love you too, Edgar Allen Poe...

Ranpo went and picked up the cage. He looked at the gravestone that had his precious lover underneath it before walking away.

Edgar Allen Poe
19 January 1994 - 27 March 2022
Got Shot to Death
May He Rest in Peace

Michizō Tachihara
30 July 2003 - 27 March 2022
Got Shot to Death
May He Rest in Peace

Ideas: