Soukoku

An idea by SumireInuzuka! It is set in a college AU. I apologize if it's not up to your expectations!

Studies. Certainly not something you would enjoy doing, and it's hard to store it. You would stay up late in fear of losing it from your memory, but parts of it would be gone if you dare close your eyes and let yourself wander to the dream world or a dark empty void.

A certain guy with orange hair falling tied back in a ponytail with several strands loose, sharp blue ocean eyes that are now covered behind his eyelids as he had fallen asleep with his head resting on one of his fist while the other arm was on the table, his pencil in danger of being dropped on to the floor below. A stack of books was on one side of the table, with a stack of papers lying on top of it.

Chuuya was supposedly studying for his finals in a library, which was very important for his grades, but he was simply exhausted. Obviously he stayed up late to get more information stored in his brain which made him lose his temper easily as he still need sleep.

After a while of sleeping peacefully, he opened his eyes, only to realize it had gone night.

Shit! Why did no one wake me up?? Chuuya stuffed all of the books, paper in his bag, swinged it over his soulder and bolted out of there. He was just in time to get out, someone was just approaching to lock the doors.

△▽△▽△

"Good evening, Chuuya-san!" A white hair boy with bright purple with a hint of gold in it and wearing an apron greeted the ginger. Chuuya nodded his head as a greeting to the other as he put his bag down on one of the chairs.

"Hey Atsushi, do you mind covering my shift for me? I have a lot of studying to do"

"Sure! I don't mind! I need to make sure that Ra-"

Before he could finish, there was a yell of someone's name. Specifically, the person who's named Dazai. Atsushi sighed before nodding at Chuuya.

△▽△▽△

Chuuya could've thrown his books to the other side of the cafè with the frustrating fact that his mind could remember a few sentences containing the necessary information but he needed to remember every single sentences from the pages he had studied from.

He closed his eyes to calm down for a bit, then opened them and looked at the objects in front of him, surprised. A chocolate chip muffin on a small glass pate, with a cup of lukewarm coffee at the side was right in front of him, the books moved to one side of the table. He picked up the muffin hesitantly, looking around to find the person who had given him the refreshrmnts. Strangely, not one single person seem to be in his sight.

△▽△▽△

Every day, he would study at the cafè, ask Atsushi to help cover his shift, which the boy don't mind, and every day, he would get some refreshements if he even dare to look away for a second without anyone in sight. It would be several small cookies, muffins, toast, heck once it was a fucking pizza in a smaller version.

Finally, he decided to concentrate on his work without looking away or anything to find out who has been giving him all of these. After all, surely the person would be dying to give him the refreshments without him looking and ended up giving it anyways and reveal themselves.

Chuuya got engrossed with his studies then he suddenly noticed a plate beside him. He looked up immediately and turn around in his seat, to see someone bolting to the door leading to the cafè's kitchen. He got up and immediately followed them, to find literally no one in it.

What the hell?! Surely the person is not that fast to run in the kitchen and get out of the exit!

Just then, he heard light footsteps and followed the sound silently. As he continue making his way, he noticed a shadow moving. He immediately turn the lights on, making the person turn around and revealing himself. Chuuya's eyes widened when he saw a tall-ish guy with neck-length fluffy brown locks surrounding his face with hazel brown eyes looking back at him. Bandages covered his arms, leading up to his wrists, and his neck.

He has met this guy when he first started his part time job, but doesn't know him much. His name was Osamu Dazai and he's 18 years old. That's about all Chuuya know about him. Oh, and the part where he gets into trouble nearly all the time with one of the colleagues, Kunikida.

"Well hello, Chuuya. Fancy meeting you here" Dazai greeted the ginger, swinging his bag over his shoulder. Then he walked out of there, bumping into the ginger purposely. Chuuya cursed angrily, glaring after the disappearing figure and following after him.

△▽△▽△

When he went out, Dazai was starting to put his jacket on. He turned and looked at the ginger, raising an eyebrow. "So you're coming or not?"

Chuuya shook his head as a response, sitting in the same table he was sitting before.

"Well too bad. I gotta lock up the cafè and you'll have to get out"

"Can't you just let me lock up the cafè?"

"No, now chop chop~ Or I'll lock you in here and you'll have to wait till tomorrow for Atsushi-kun to open up the cafè"

Chuuya got up and put his things inside his bag, deliberately putting it slowly to anger the brunette. To his irritation, Dazai just let out a hum while waiting for the ginger to finish packing his stuff.

Chuuya went out of the cafè silently and Dazai began locking up the cafè safely. The ginger stared for a few sconds before piping up

"Hey, are you the one who give me food whenever I study everyday?"

The brunette just hummed before walking away to another direction, ignoring Chuuya's question. Chuuya cursed angrily before turning away and going on his own direction. Dazai paused before turning to look at the slowly disappearing figure before nodding.

"Yes. Yes, I am the one, Nakahara Chuuya"

He turned around and continue his way. Chuuya paused before turning to look at the slowly disappearing figure before a small smile came to his face at the thought of someone in this world that actually cares for him.

"Thank you...Osamu Dazai"

Ideas:

A/N: You can find me on Wit, Ao3 or Discord!

Wit: Jyung😐😑
Ao3: Jyung_0829
Discord: jyung_0829#1599