RanPoe

An idea from @yourfavsadistwriter! It was a long time you asked so here's a screenshot lmfao

Anyways on with the oneshot

"Poeee! I'm back homee!!" The over enthusiastic man with black fluffy hair entered the huge house with his usual loud greeting. He ran in every room, trying to find his beloved lover, but it's a struggle as the huge house is filled to brim with rooms and made it difficult for Ranpo to find a man with long hair and a raccoon either lying down on his head or resting on his shoulders.

"Why is this house so huge??" Ranpo whined, entering a room that finally contained his lover, sitting behind a desk and holding a fountain pen over the manuscript on the desk. The raccoon suddenly ran up to Ranpo and ran around his clothed body, making the detective giggle as he is very ticklish. "Karl! Leave me alone!"

Karl finally decided on a resting place on Ranpo's shoulders and stayed there. The detective look up to see Poe gazing at them, forgetting about the manuscript and ignoring the fact that ink is starting to drip from the nib of his pen on to the manuscript, ruining the fine writing.

"Poe!" The sound of his name being called shocked the said one back to his senses and begin fussing around, crumpling the ruined manuscript and throwing it without aiming at the wastepaper bin while taking a new manuscript at the same time. He kept muttering words, possibly ideas for his story for the other detective to solve. However he has to stop in his actions and catch Ranpo, who practically threw himself towards his lover. He let out another giggle as Poe looked at him worriedly. "Surprise~"

"You can't just throw yourself to me! Wh-What if I didn't catch you in time?!" Poe exclaimed as Ranpo made his body limp on purpose so that the other have to carry him in his arms. Karl has ran up to Poe's head and is now resting in the nest of hair.

"Well you caught me anyways so what's the deal?"

"I-uh...do you want any tea?" Poe offered, still carrying Ranpo without even noticing.

"Don't want any. You have sweets?" Ranpo asked, getting up with full energy now. Poe nodded, pointing at a table that have drawers filled to brim with sweets and snacks. One time Poe had forgotten to make sure it was full and when Ranpo found out it was empty, let's just say there was a lot of whining and he ended up being dragged out by the detective to buy more sweets together and face social interaction. He much rather order them online and have them shipped to his house without any need for talking with strangers...

"Nice!" Ranpo ran towards the table, which isn't that far, opened the drawer, and pulled out a bag of crips that have barbeque flavoring. When Poe finally sat down again to start his manuscript from scratch, Ranpo immediately appeared on his lap and munched on his snack happily. Karl obviously went back down on Ranpo's shoulder to steal a crisp or two or ten or twenty but the detective got used to that. It's certainly not delightful, but he'll make an exception for that raccoon.

Poe didn't try to say anything. He just began writing as Ranpo observe the whole process of his lover dipping the tip of the nib into the pot of ink, the slight tapping sound to make sure it isn't overfilled and would leak everywhere while he's writing, the comforting sound of his lover mumbling softly as he wrote the words in his fine writing on the manuscript. The only time when the detective is displeased is whenever Poe stopped writing, put his pen aside, crumple up the manuscript and throw it away, treating his masterpiece like it's just plain trash. Whenever Poe's out of the room, Ranpo would snatch a few crumpled manuscrips from the bin and smooth them out, snatch a stapler to bind those pages together and read it by the lamp at late night, muttering the words as his eyes comfortably and smoothly glided along the lines of the neat writings in neat straight lines. He loved reading Poe's writing, no matter if it's some crumpled manuscripts or a book written and published. Most of the times where Poe isn't home, he would help himself to a book, stroke the italic writing that said By Edgar Allen Poe that was displayed on the cover above the title lightly, and opened it, taking in the plot, characters, settings, etc.

△▽△▽△

Ranpo is just plain bored as hell now. He had made through 3 entire drawers and is now starting on his fourth drawer, helping himself to a sweet and throwing one in Karl's direction occasionally. Poe has written and threw at least 5 'ruined' manuscripts, which the other decided to grab and read it for himself when Poe leaves to go to the bathroom or wherever.

"Poeee" Ranpo whined. Poe looked at his lover and was shocked to see how many drawers he had emptied through. It's a wonder his lover doesn't have any sickness...

"I wanna cuddle" the detective pouted. Poe could hardly resist to not pull out his phone and snap a picture of the adorable sight before him. Karl was still enjoying his sweet as Ranpo threw another to him.

"After this manuscript, alright?"

"It's been 4 hours! I want my cuddles now!"

Needless to say, Poe gave in and gave his lover some cuddles.

△▽△▽△

Ranpo sat up and quietly went to the guest room he oftenly goes to read his lover's 'ruined' manuscripts. He could hear the soft breathing noises from his beloved lover that indicates he was asleep and Karl was dead asleep beside him too. He opened the door, his breath being held when it made the slightest creak and tiptoed his way out, heading to the guest room.

Once he's inside, he let out his breath and flopped on to the bed. After a while of just lying down lazily, he sat up, turned the lamp on and began reading. It was a Crhistmas mystery, where a headlight dropped on an actor, but yet it was obviously on purpose and there was a murderer on the loose. Ranpo continued reading, already figuring out the murderer in a few pages when he heard soft padding sounds approaching his room. He turned the lamp off and laid in the bed sharpish, holding his breath as a head peeked through the door.

"Ranpo? Are you in here?" A soft whisper came in. The said one didn't reply, waiting for his lover to just walk away and leave him and his manuscripts alone. Poe stayed at the door entrance for a few minutes before turning and closing the door. Ranpo sat up again and let out his breath, relieved when he heard the soft padding sounds going away as he turned the lamp back on and began reading everything again. He didn't care whether people might call him crazy for doing that, he just loved his lover's way of putting words into sentences. Is that such a wrong thing to do, to admire your lover for something?

"How could you throw them away, Poe...they're a masterpiece"

Ideas: