KuniKatai

An idea from Akazas_Donut_Shop! I apologize if it's not up to your expectations!

A man with blond long hair tied tightly in a ponytail to avoid any long strands blocking his sight, wearing glasses with the light of his laptop reflecting on them was busy typing and doing a certain brunette's work. Normally he wouldn't bother doing it, but Fukuzawa had lightly asked Kunikida if he could do Dazai's work as the brunette has to be somewhere. Of course, Kunikida was assured by Fukuzawa that he could easily turn it down, but how can this guy, who is so obsessed with his ideals, turn something down that was especially coming from the president himself?

His keyboard makes a sound whenever he typed, making it a soothing sound for anyone near him. He's not the type to easily give in to stress, except if something didn't go the way that he had recorded in his ideals. Just then, someone came into his room, bringing in some light. Kunikida flinched, suddenly realizing that it has became dark and he haven't noticed.

"Kunikida! I thought you would have scold me if I was in this situation, but you?" A man with glasses and messy brown (black?) hair surrounding his face with his blanket wrapped around him came in. The blond sighed in relief at the sight of his lover as Katai flicked the light switch to on

"Hello, Katai. What brings you to my place at..." Kunikida squinted at the small writing at the bottom of his laptop "...9:34 o'clock at night exactly?"

"Well, today's my turn to visit so I came here" Katai responded. Yes, Kunikida had made a time table on whom should visit the other on what day. Monday happened to be one of the days where Katai would visit.

"At 9:34 o'clock at night?" Kunikida asked, his eyebrow narrowing.

"Yes? There's no way I'm coming out without my blanket, and not a lot of people walk around at night"

"When Gin was walking in the daylight, you didn't hesitate to run after her in your blanket..." Kunikida sighed, pushing up his glasses with his index finger as he remember the day where Katai had an enormous crush on her and got rejected on the same day.

"Hey! She was running away and I wanted to confess to get it over with okay??"

"Yeah yeah" Kunikida looked at his laptop. It is ideal for the owner to welcome his guests, but it is also ideal to finish what you have started. Katai easily read the situation and went to him, pulling out a chair and setting it beside his lover. Then he sat on it and lay his head on the blond's shoulder.

"Katai?"

"I'll just lay here and you'll do your work, alright? That way, you can finish..." Katai peered at the laptop "...whatever you are doing and I can be satisfied watching you work"

"You can be satisfied watching other people work?" Kunikida asked, already having his notebook opened at an empty page and his fountain pen in his hand.

"Yes...but that isn't something you should recor-"

"You...can be...satisfied...watching...people work..." Kunikida mumbled, writing it down. Katai blinked, trying to hold in his laughter. Sometimes, his lover can be so dense. There's no way he would tell the blond that he think he is dense though.

"Kunikida...that is in my opinion. Sometimes other people get stressed seeing other people work" Katai gently corrected the blond. Kunikida just nodded, crossing out what he wrote.

Ah, the rare days where Kunikida is calm and wouldn't get angry and stressed. Katai would especially try his best to not try and stress the blond out on these rare days.

"Do you want anything?" Katai offered. The blond shook his head, typing again. The brunette(black-haired?) shrugged as he watched Kunikida typing words that seems gibberish to him since he couldn't be bothered to read them properly

△▽△▽△

Kunikida stretched in his chair, finally finished with Dazai's share of work. Then he realized that Katai had gone to sleep with his head on his own shoulder. He gently lifts Katai head off and set it on the table. He was planning to get up, grab a futon he stored in a well cleaned cardboard for Katai's sleepovers, carry his asleep lover and tuck him in with that thick blanket he carries around with. However, his legs seemed to have fallen asleep too, which caused him to naturally fall down with a crash, and woke Katai up.

"Kunikida??" He turned to see the blond grimacing on the floor. He got up and squat down beside him, his blanket still tucked around him.

"Hold on! Just..." Kunikida held on to a nearby desk and leaned against it, waiting for his legs to wake up. Finally he stood upright and bowed slightly to Katai as an apology for waking him up. Katai just shrugged with a "It's fine" coming out from his mouth as he stood up too.

"Now, do you want anything?" Katai asked. Kunikida looked at the clock on the wall. 10:56 pm.

"It's late" Kunikida said, pushing his glasses up again. Katai let out a sigh.

"It's just 10-"

"10:57 to be specific"

"...Yeah, anyways do you want a hot drink? Hot chocolate or something? After all, it's not idealistic to go to bed without something in your stomach right?" Katai said, knowing perfectly well that Kunikida would believe that. He just have to hope that the blond didn't remember that he, Katai himself, goes to sleep with an empty stomach on a daily basis.

"I supposed you are right...but it is late and it is not idealistic to go to bed late!"

"Kunikida, most people sleep at 11 earliest" Katai lied. Kunikida looked surprised as soon as he heard that.

"Is that true?"

"Yes"

Just as Katai suspected, his lover was writing down exactly what he said in just a second. Then he shut the notebook with a snap and tuck it inside his shirt(waistcoat. Whatever the fuck he's wearing usually to the ADA-) and looked at the clock.

"It is sharp 11 o'clock now"

Katai mentally face palmed. How can he forget? When he's calm on rare days, he would be so fucking dense about nearly everything.

"Just make yourself some hot chocolate!"

△▽△▽△

After all that, Katai waited as Kunikida pulled out the stored futon and laid it down beside his bed. If he's being honest, Katai wouldn't mind sleeping in the same bed as Kunikida but he was too shy, and the blond thought that perhaps Katai was uncomfortable already in his own house. At least he could give him the usual thing he normally sleep on.

"Good night, Katai" Kunikida said, getting into his bed and putting the glasses on the bedside table. "Night, Kunikida" Katai responded, getting comfortable on his futon.

△▽△▽△

Katai sit up on his futon. He just couldn't sleep somehow. He's used to it though. No matter where he was, even in his own futon at home, sleep just wouldn't come to him. He got up to go to the toilet for absolutely no reasons when suddenly a strong yet slim arm wrapped around his waist. Huh?-

Katai found himself being dragged into bed with the blond in it.

"Sleep" the blond, who still has his eyes closed, said. Katai blinked. How on earth did his lover know he's awake? And... Katai's face turned red as he realized he's lying down in the same bed as his lover.

He stared up at the peacefully asleep blond and felt his eyes starting to close by themselves now. He snuggled in, and mumbled a sentence before going to sleep.

"Good night, Kunikida"

Ideas:

A/N: Sorry for not publishing for so long! Got busy with school and on the weekends I got lazy and had no motivation😭