KuniKatai

Ah the usual way to start my stories...if you want to request something, comment it in the Ideas column at the end of the story

"Katai! Your place is flithy!" The blond man scolded the other who was lying down on his bed. However he didn't receive any response, which was unusual.

"Katai?" Kunikida walked up to his lover, squatted down and gently shook him. A small groan came out of the man's mouth and he turned, to see his obsessed with ideals boyfriend staring at him.

"Ah Kunikida! I wasn't expecting to see you yet!" Katai said, sitting up quickly. Kunikida observed his boyfriend whose slightly shivering, another unusual thing since it's summer. He rested his hand on the other's forehead and found out it was burning.

"Lay down, Katai. You have a fever" he responded, getting up. Katai just blinked at him. Kunikida made eye contact, raising an eyebrow as a signal that if Katai won't lay back down, he might grab some duct tape and taped him to his futon, so the man laid down very quickly.

Kunikida headed to the kitchen and let out a sigh of relief when he saw everything still in its place. He had banned Katai from the kitchen so Katai bought another kettle with his own money, surprisingly, and made his cup noodles with that instead of using the kitchen's kettle in fear of the blond man yelling at him for taking the kettle without putting it back.

He got to work by making some chicken soup and poured out some warm water in a glass as that should be what a person who have a fever eats and drinks according to his notebook. While he left the soup to simmer, he searched the medicine cabinet and found the pills meant to cure fevers.

△▽△▽△

Kunikida carefully placed the bowl of warm chicken soup, the lukewarm water and the packet of pills on a tray in a particular order for some damn reasons before picking it up and going to the other's bedroom.

Katai was just lying on his futon, staring at the ceiling because he doesn't want to do something and upset Kunikida.

"Hey Katai. Get up now, I made some soup for you"

The brunette (black-haired?) sat down on his futon, his blanket still covering almost his entire body. His face was peeking out. Kunikida sighed.

"Take off your blanket, or else you might drop the soup and spill it on the blanket."

Katai did as he was told. Kunikida put the tray in front of him and sat down beside the other. He took out his notebook and flipped through it as the other started to sip on the soup. The other watched his lover ripping out some pages in anger and picked one of it up. The words Kunikida had carefully constructed and written neatly on the paper with fine black ink flowing from his fountain pen had been scribbled by red ink, making it impossible to read it.

Well it sure didn't take long for Katai to wonder who did it due to the blond mumbling "Damn you Dazai" . Katai shook his head, remember all the tales his lover had ranted about how troublesome Dazai was and his suicide attempts...honestly he's surprised he didn't quit because of that brunette.

"Hey Kunikida?"

"Yes?"

"Do you really think it was Dazai who scribbled? I mean it could be anyone else to prank you since it's 1st of April after all..."

"What? Obviously it would be Dazai! He always try to find something that would anger me! Oh I swear I might make his wish come true one day"

Scary Katai thought, staring at his lover. Finally the blond look at him, confused.

"Wait, what do you mean by 1st of April? What happens on that day?"

"It's April's Fools Day...you can do any pranks and stuff like that on anyone on this day"

Katai stared at the paper he held. There was a sentence written on the bottom saying "April Fools!"

"Yeah see?" He pointed at the red sentence. Kunikida squinted at it.

"I see..." Kunkida somehow got his fountain pen out of nowhere and started to write down whatever Katai said while mumbling too.

"1st of April...is the day...where people can do pranks...and it is called April's Fools Day..."

Kunikida shut his book with a snap and tuck it away in his shirt. Katai got curious as Kunikida often ripped pages out from his notebook due to his ability yet there still seemed to be a stack of pages left in the book for him to record everything and use it for his ability.

"Hey uh Kunikida?..."

"Hm? Yes, Katai?"

"How does your notebo- I mean, Ideals, have so much pages even though you often use it for your ability and to record your...ideals?"

"Actually I don't really know. I guess I've never thought about it"

(A/N: No because why does his notebook never seem to end though)

△▽△▽△

Katai was fast asleep after sipping his soup and drinking the water and putting the pills in his mouth to swallow down with the clear liquid. Kunikida continued re-writing his ideals from the torn pages by memory (Heck you have really good memory Kunikida).

After he was done, he looked at his sleeping lover. A small satisfied smile appear on his face as he watched his lover sleeping. Then he looked around the messy house and sighed. Well, either he sits around and be lazy or he cleans the entire house and maybe even give Katai a surprise by how tidy his house could be. He decided to clean up the house since Katai wouldn't really do it anyways.

△▽△▽△

Katai woke up to the sun shining brightly on his face and the smell of bleach. Yes, Kunikida decided to let some sun come in and pushed the curtains aside. He sat up and stared around the house. It was so...clean? He could even hear some distant scrubbing sounds coming from the kitchen, which was odd as Katai never went inside that place so it isn't that messy at all.

Kunikida walked out, wearing gloves and a mask for some reason. He was holding a scrubbing brush in one hand and a pail full of soapy water in the other (and he's strong too- He's the ideal man for a husband dayum😫).

"How are you feeling?" His voice was a bit muffled due to the mask but still can be recognize as words.

"Fine I think..."

Kunikida went back inside the kitchen and came out after a few minutes not wearing any gloves, mask, holding a thermometer and an ice pack instead of a scrubbing brush and a pail of water. He put the thermometer in Katai's mouth and took it out after a few minutes.

"38.5° Celsius. You have a high fever, get some rest" He instructed, making Katai lay down again and putting the ice pack on his head. The other flinched at the touch of the cold but soon got used to it.

△▽△▽△

Katai was again fast asleep. The sun was starting to set, giving off an orange-red color to the sky, soon turning dark to indicate that it was already night.

Kunikida went inside the bathroom to take his shower properly for 15 minutes maximum unlike a certain rat, brushed his teeth, got into his pyjamas but instead of going inside his bed, he went to check on Katai again.

The other was still asleep, but somehow the blanket isn't covering him. Kunikida picked up the blanket and put it over his lover, tucking in the sides to make it a little warmer for his already shivering lover. He changed the melted ice pack to another frozen one, but gave his usual goodnight peck on his burning forehead before placing the ice pack.

"Goodnight Katai. Get well soon"

Ideas: