RanPoe

Another short one shot, bout fluff :))

Oh and uh btw I have forgotten if Poe calls Ranpo "Ranpo-san" or "Ranpo-kun" in the anime and manga so I'm just putting "Ranpo"😀

There's people who are intelligent, who is genuinely happy 24/7, who can be quite narcissistic in this world, who likes to go out. Their personalities seemed to make them become the person they truly are, or the person they are faking to be, to the point we forget one thing.

They also have bad days too. The days where you just want to be indoors all of the time, where you don't want to talk to anyone, where you don't feel like smiling, where you doubt yourself and your abilities.

The small detective sighed, lying down on the couch inside his tall boyfriend's house. Then he took the cushion that was meant for sitting on and curled up with it, managing to cover his face. Normally he would run around the house to either find Poe or to the room where he was most familiar with due to the snacks that was for him and was stored it there, but now all he wants to do is just stay in his position all day.

Poe was currently out to solve the crime scene so Ranpo knew he was alone in this huge house. He didn't have to force himself to act all happy, he could just curl up on the comfortable couch and stay like that.

Just then he heard the front door opening then closing. However, he just stayed in his position as Poe walked into the room and got frightened when he saw the younger lying down, curled up, as Ranpo had actually went into his house without the other even knowing about it.

"R-Ranpo! Aren't y-you supposed to be at work? W-What are you doing here?" Poe managed to ask, his emotional support raccoon lying lazily on his owner's head. However, its attention was immediately turned to Ranpo as the small normally confident detective let out a small sound of sadness.

Poe walked closer, finally realizing that something isn't right with his lover. He kneeled down in front of the couch as Karl jumped off his head and stood on the little empty part of the couch besides Ranpo.

"Ranpo?" Poe gently ask. Ranpo just let out another small sound. Poe just stayed there, uncertain on what to do as he has never seen his boyfriend like this. Then his raccoon somehow slipped under Ranpo's arms and the small detective let out another sound of surprise when he felt fur. He shifted to lying down on his back and Karl settled on Ranpo's chest. Ranpo glanced at the animal and a small smile appeared on his face, his hand going out to gently stroke Karl. Poe, on the other hand, was smiling at the sight before him before pulling out his phone to catch the moment and possibly print it out later to put in a frame.

Ranpo heard the familiar sound of a photo being taken and looked up at his boyfriend, who quickly turned away and acted as if he hasn't tried to take a picture, and gave a genuine smile. Poe couldn't help but also smile back.

△▽△▽△

The small detective sat on the desk, eating sweets and snacks, as the tall writer who is also a detective was starting to type out his story in the computer. Ranpo was chatting 24/7 while tossing a sweet to Karl's direction as Poe struggled to pay him attention and concentrate on his work at the same time. Finally Ranpo went silent and Poe glanced towards his lover's direction to freak out when he saw Ranpo quietly reading his 'ruined' manuscripts, munching on chips as Karl went up to the detective to snatch a few chips and stuffed them in its mouth.

"Ranpo, why are you reading that?" Poe questioned worriedly, already planning to snatch it out from his lover's hands when Ranpo isn't looking.

"It's beautifully made and written" was Ranpo's answer. The smaller looked up and saw Poe having a slightly confused expression. He let out a sigh like a disappointed parent with a child.

"It's perfect, I do not know why you throw them out"

Poe stayed silent. Perfect? His 'ruined' manuscript is far from perfect! After all, there's a reason that he throws them out.

Just then Karl suddenly grab the bag of chips and ran off. Ranpo stared after the animal thief and sighed, not bothering to get up and run after him. "I did not notice that thief near me" Poe let out a small chuckle as he continued typing.

△▽△▽△

Ranpo ran in the dark bedroom that Poe shared with him and jump to where he thought the bed is. He ended up hitting the floor.

"Ow!"

"Ranpo! Are you okay??" Poe asked, immediately rushing in and switching the light on after hearing the loud sound from Ranpo's face coming into contact with the hard floor. Ranpo sat up, looking dazed as Poe began fussing around him.

"...I think I broke something"

"What?! We better get you to the hospital!"

"No not me! I think I broke a vase or something"

Poe froze as Ranpo pointed at the shards not so far away from him and pointed out that he just hit the floor and it's not possible for him to break a bone by just falling on the floor. Poe let out a sigh of relief that his lover seemed to be alright, just dazed. Finally Ranpo crawled on to the bed as Poe turned the lamp on and went to turn the light off since his small boyfriend could be lazy as soon as he got on to the bed.

Poe got into the bed and the memory of the afternoon suddenly came to his mind. Ranpo let out a tired yawn and turned to see Poe gazing at him while sitting up.

"Hm? What's wrong, Poe?"

"Uhm...I was just wondering, what happened to you this afternoon?"

Ranpo suddenly stiffened. Poe noticed this action and immediately wonder if he had asked a personal question and began apologizing a lot. Then the younger laughed, making Poe relaxing a little.

"Stop apologizing, Poe! It's alright, I just had a bad day. But you came and made me happy again so it's alright now"

He wrapped his arms around Poe's waist, smiling up at him. Poe managed to smile back and gently placed a peck on his boyfriend's forehead.

"Hm~ Now can we go to sleep?" Ranpo asked directly.

"Alright" Poe reached out to turn the lamp off. Then the room was immediately dark, the only source of light is the moon light shining from the window.

Ranpo curled up to Poe and almost immediately dozed off. Poe took a few more minutes before dozing off too. Karl then jumped up on the bed, ran to the pillow and settled down happily.

Ideas:

A/N:

:)