RanPoe

Requested by Kira_follow! I hope it meets up to your expectations :)

Beep! Beep! Beep!

"Ugh…" the male rolled over on his bed to stop the clock making such annoying noise, groaning. He didn't had a good night's rest as he felt sick for once. He was sweating a lot more than usual, even though it was supposed to be cold as there was a heavy rain. The heavy rain was still ongoing as he propped himself up by his elbows to peer at the time. 6:15 am.

He forced himself to get out from his bed and practically wobbled out of his bedroom to his bathroom. He ate a lot of sugary food the day before so it was obvious to him that he felt sick due to that. Who knows? Maybe the sick feeling wasn't due to that, maybe it was due to a lot of things. He has been eating snacks for a long time without feeling sick after all. He didn't really cared much about his health.

He got ready before grabbing an umbrella and running out in the rain. The sound of splashes were heard as his shoes stepped into multiple puddles. The sound of pouring rain weirdly calmed him. Soon he began slowing down to walking, the tears of the clouds falling down onto his umbrella.

He arrived at the agency just as Fukuzawa opened the door. "Hello, Fukuzawa-san!" Ranpo greeted, forming a smile on his face. He was specially fond of the president. After all, the president was the one who helped him when he was younger.

"Good morning, Ranpo" the other greeted as he opened the door and let the other walk in first. Fukuzawa was rather fond of the other too. Ranpo was almost like his very own child.

Ranpo got to the office and sat down. The sick feeling was bothering him more than usual…

"Maybe I'll take a nap while waiting for the others…" Ranpo mumbled, resting his head to the table.

△▽△▽△

So much noise arose as the rest of the members arrived.

Kunikida was the second to arrive, as usual. The blond noticed the other resting and stayed silent, heading towards his desk and starting the work he set for himself.

Kenji was the third to arrive. His bright presence practically lightened up the entire office despite the heavy rain pouring outside. He greeted them cheerfully as he went to his desk.

Tanizaki and Naomi arrived after. The siblings were having a conversation as they entered the office. They greeted the others before settling at Tanizaki's desk.

Yosano was the sixth person to arrive. She went to the office first to greet her colleagues before going to her own office.

Atsushi and Kyouka arrived then. The weretiger's presence was also bright, though not as bright as Kenji's. The pair greeted the others.

Of course, Dazai was the last and late one. Ranpo kept his head on his desk as Kunikida scolded and lectured about punctuality to the brunette, who had a shit-eating grin on his face at the accomplishment of annoying the blond first thing in the morning.

Then the boring part came: work. They investigate cases, they talked with clients, they held meetings, they do paperwork, et cetera. Ranpo still felt sick and didn't talk much.

"Uh…Ranpo-san?"

"Hm?"

"You have a case to work on…remember?"

That slipped his mind. He had a big case to work on. Can things get any worse on this day?

He sighed before heaving himself up. "Alright! Who's following me?" His acting skills of being the smart, cocky detective is amazing. He could just sign up for an acting gig at this point.