RanPoe

A request/idea by @rylanzxx! Sorry it took so long! :')

Work isn't the type of thing that you will go to happily. You'll be dragging yourself off of your bed, doing your morning routine and go to work by pure force. Ranpo has never liked going to work, even though he knew that all he does is just lazing around in his chair, munching on flavored chips or candies. It's a wonder to him about how he had never got any illness yet due to all the snacks he had munched on.

He sat in his chair, already munching on a packet of barbeque flavored chips while waiting for the rest to arrive. Fukuzawa went in the office to check its condition and gave the small detective a greeting nod. Ranpo nodded his head back, mouth stuffed with his snack. The president looked around the room before deciding it was fine and went back out, going back to his office. Then Kunikida has arrived just as Fukuzawa went back out. The blond greeted the elder with a bow and a "good morning" as Fukuzawa gave him a greeting nod and stepped aside to let the idealistic man go inside the office.

The third person to arrive at the agency was Yosano, who seemed to be in a bad mood for some reason. Ranpo figured it out in seconds, knowing it was her time of the month and decided to not get in her way on this day. She stopped by to check in at the office, then go back to her own personal infirmary. Fourth person to enter the agency was Kenji. He came in the office with such a bright presence as similar to the sun and greeted the two detectives with such happiness as he went to his place. Kunikida replied to his greeting with the same old usual "good morning" while Ranpo nodded again.

Fifth and sixth people would be the Tanizaki siblings. They would come in, with Naomi hanging on to him like a leech, and greet everyone as Tanizaki went to his desk with his sister following. Ranpo tried to at least not look at their direction while nodding as the other two detectives replied to them with their own greetings. Kyouka and Atsushi arrived just nearly before the scheduled time to open up the agency, with Atsushi apologizing for their late arrival and Kyouka just standing beside him without any expression. Kunikida gave them a small lecture about being on time and such but let it go because they aren't very late. Ranpo turned in his chair, knowing that the sparks will start as soon as a certain brunette arrived.

Sure enough, Dazai was the last detective to arrive, ten minutes after the scheduled time. Kunikida gave him a much longer lecture and scolding while Dazai just grinned, glad to be able to annoy Kunikida first thing in the morning. Ranpo just tossed in another sweet in his mouth, watching the blond-and-brunette duo to provide himself some entertainment.

△▽△▽△

"Ranpo-san?"

Ranpo has turned in his chair and was now facing towards the window while munching on a new packet of chips. He hummed as a response to his colleague that was standing behind.

"Someone is here to see you"

Ranpo just waved his hand as a dismissal, no longer interested in wanting to meet whoever was it. However, the next sentence made him turn around in his chair immediately.

"It's Poe-san"

Atsushi has never seen the small detective rushing out of the office as fast as he does now.

△▽△▽△

"Poee!!"

The taller detective flinched violently at the loud yell of his name, his pet raccoon holding onto his owner's shoulder for dear life.

"Ranpo!" He replied back, his soul leaving his body as the smaller detective threw himself on the other, not giving him enough time to react.

"Hiii" he purred, looking up at the other while having a huge grin on his face. Poe couldn't help but smile back at the smaller grinning detective. Poe was about to state the reason why he came to the detective when the other shushed him, already knowing the reason.

"So where's this novel of yours?" He asks, wiggling to sit upright while his hair tickled Poe's chin as his head nearly hit the other's chin.

"Here..." He pulled out the novel he had worked on for months and passed it to his lover. Ranpo began reading the novel instantly, carefully turning the crisp pages as he rested his vision on the familiar writing that he knew and loved. He rested his head against the other's chest and heard the comforting beats from his lover's heart, saying that he's still alive and well.

Kunikida passed the couple but didn't do anything except adjusting his glasses and bowing as a polite greeting to Poe before rushing to go somewhere. A small distance behind him was followed by Atsushi, who bowed politely to Poe before dashing after Kunikida to go to a murder case.

△▽△▽△

Ranpo let out a small yawn, exhausted as he had been staying up the night before since he wasn't feeling sleepy. I knew I should have gone to sleep...

Suddenly a thought clicked in his mind and he got up instantly, hitting Poe in the chin with his head at the same time. He let out a small gasp of shocked as he had forgotten that he was sitting on his lover and began to panic as the other was just sitting there, looking dazed, as the pet raccoon jumped off and settled on the table. Ranpo kept apologizing to Poe while trying to find the first aid kit as the other replied "Don't apologize! It's fine, my chin is alright". It took at least 15 minutes to convince Ranpo that his lover was just fine.

"So uh why did you just suddenly stand up...?" Poe questioned, snapping out from his daze.

"Oh! We're going over to your place!"

"Huh? Wait, what?? Don't you still have work???"

"Nah, it's about to end in 30 minutes anyways"

It took another 25 minutes to convince Poe that it was alright for Ranpo to leave work 30 minutes early.

△▽△▽△

He threw himself on the couch before Poe turned on the lights, not learning from his lesson when he straight out fell on the floor when he threw himself to rhe direction of the bed in a dark room. Poe followed behind anxiously after turning on the light as his raccoon laid down in his owner's hair.

"Poee"

"Yes, Ranpo?"

Ranpo held out his arms, his mouth slightly formed into a pout. Poe sat beside him on the couch, which made Ranpo cuddled up to him instantly. The talller blinked before relaxing, not realizing he was tense the entire time, and melting into the cuddle.

Both of them stayed together, just cuddling in the comfortable silence, until Ranpo let out a small yawn and rested his head against Poe and felt himself slowly losing touch with reality and soon, he had traveled into the dreamworld.

Ideas/Requests: