Part-3

Hey guys, thank you for your votes and comments..

Continuing from the last part,

Darjeeling City is located  near the Teesta river. It is surrounded by mountains.. Darjeeling tea is famous all over the world. So this place, full of nature, is a tourist hill station. Many tourists come here to explore nature. Though, it had opened a good commercial market in this city due to mountains surrounding it also not that populated like metro cities.

At eight in the morning, Monami reached just on time and knocked on the door which turned out to be already open. Peeking in, she saw that the house was entirely silent with only the sunlight streaming in, there wasn’t anyone in the house.

Yesterday, Faizi called to inform her that he needed to go back to Kolkata. He told her to make herself at home in the villa, with the exception of the locked room on the first floor. It seems that this is the start of “making herself at home”.

The living room looks the same except for the white colored square table and chair near the window. There was a laptop on top of the table with a pile of old yellow documents. According to the agreement, due to the large workload, it is requested for her to make use of the laptop.

Monami sat down on the white chair.
Sitting down on the white chair, Monami turned to look outside of the window.

There were mountains that were blanketed in snow, she could also see the sunlight streaming through the pine trees, all of these made a beautiful sight.

Looking at the table, everything was neatly arranged – this made a good and comfortable environment to work in. Switching the laptop on, she saw that a word document was already opened. But there was no content in it except for the email address at the top of the page.

Getting up, Monami decided to do a little exploring.

The kitchen is next to the living room and Monami could smell pyrotechnic gas in the air which could mean Mr Shergill usually cooks at home. Placing the fruits she bought into the fridge, she saw that it was almost empty save for the half eaten fish soup.

Close to the kitchen, there was a door which was connected to a hallway. Taking a few steps, Monami discovered a fishing rod placed against the wall. It wasn’t a surprise since this place had a few water bodies and fishes could often be seen swimming in the water so most of the families here had one or two fishing rods at home.

What surprised Monami was the brand of the fishing rod, “Oyster.” Not to mention that it was a limited edition and probably considered to be one of the most expensive in the world. And the buyer can ask for his own customized bamboo rod. This version of fishing rod was hailed as the best in many anglers’ minds.

Taking out her phone after a minute of admiring it, Monami took a picture before she continued walking. Nearing the end of the hallway, Monami halted her steps. In front of her was a rather dark small room. Heavy curtains were used to block out the sunlight, this room felt dull and cold. There wasn’t anything else in the room except for two tightly closed door..

Going into the room, Monami headed to one of the doors and tried to pull it open only to realise that it was locked. She then made her way back to the living room since she had enough of exploring for now.
Making a cup of coffee for herself, she started working.

*****

Time passed rather quickly and Monami never once stood up from her work station. While she was working hard at work, Faizi was in one of the rooms on the second floor, facing surveillance screens. His eyes were captured by the sight of Monami before he turned to Karan. “She is rather well-behaved. I guess koi problem nahi hogi.. so main kl Kolkata wapas ja raha hoon.”