Part 45 Abandoned

Hey guys, thank you for your votes and comments.
Continuing from the last part,

Karan and Monami stood in front of a small house, surrounded by trees. It seemed their suspect - Deboy likes to live in a remote and isolated place, away from people.

Karan and Monami were the first person to arrive, ahead of the police officer who called them. They can hear the police sirens coming from a distance. They should not be too far behind.

Monami asked : "Should we wait for them?"

"Nahi." said Karan. He puts on a pair of latex gloves. He seemed to look excited: "When a lot of people enters the house at the same time, the place loses its originality."

Monami was not surprised. This man was honest and smart. But when it comes to investigating criminal cases, he can't cover the excitement that arises from the passion he has for his job.

"Ok. Let's go in." She smiled. Of course she will go in with him.

Fortunate for them, the yellow wooden door is not locked. It is easily pushed open. There's an unbearable stench that rushed to their nostrils once the door was opened. Monami almost vomited again.

Karan placed his finger over his nose to block out the smell. He walked in without slowing down.
Monami hesitated, then she pinched her nose and followed him inside.

It's dark in there.The windows are blocked. It is a small place. One bed. One desk/table. That's it. There are things lying all over the place. It's too dark to see what they are.

She ws stepping into a psychopath's house in darkness. Every step, she was stepping on top of something... the bumps underneath her soles... Monami secretly hoped they are not body parts.

Subconsciously, she gently held on to Karan jacket from the back.

Stay close to him.

The Karan Shergill that was busy examining the room in the dark paused. He turned round to look at her .

She quickly grabbed on the corner of his suit jacket. She was not letting go of him.

"Oh." he seemed to sigh softly in the darkness.

"Kya hua?" asked Monami.

She can vaguely tell by the light shining through the front door, that he was trying to look at the hand that was grabbing onto his jacket.

"So cute." He said in pleased voice.

Monami blushed in the dark.

Even though she can't see his facial expressions, she knew he was staring at her. And at the same time, a hand reached the light switch on the wall. He just found it.

Ah.... handling two roles at once.

They are standing in a messy bin.

Light blue bed linen has sweat stains all over it. The duvet was curled up into a bundle on the floor. The table has lots of dirty dishes and bowls with food scraps inside them. On the floor, there were polystyrene takeaway containers, rubbish bags, clothes, shoes... flies everything. There was also a strong stench of urine in the air.

"What a tasteless lunatic." Karan muttered to himself. Then he started searching through the rubbish.

As a woman, Monami automatically took up the tasked that are less filthy - she opened the drawers of the desk and examined what's inside them.

In one of the drawers, she found a stack of envelope. They were made from the same type of yellow paper. She passed them to Karan. The envelopes were empty. In the front of the envelope, there was a date written with ink pen: "2020 January , 2020 February.... "until" 2020 June. The handwriting was the same for all the envelopes. Obviously, it's written by the same person.