Part 56 Trying to show his life

Hey guys, thank you for your votes and comments.

Continuing from the last part,

When Sid woke up, he saw a glaring white light. He was lying on a shabby little bed. His body was covered with cuts and wounds.  His hands and feet bounded by long heavy chains.

He coughed. His congested chest seemed to clear a little. Slowly, he sat up and got out of bed. He walked over to the sink at the corner of the room.  He turned the tap on and drank some water. 

He heard the sound of a plate being pushed through a little opening on the bottom of the metal door.  It’s a plate of fish and rice. 

Sid has lost weight. He hasn’t shaved for days. But his eyes still looked sharp. He looked at the food, then walked back to bed.

Well…” came a man’s voice from behind the metal door: “Tum bewakoof ho jo khud ko bhuka rakh rahe ho. Agar tumne energy hi nahi hogi, toh mujhse ladne ki strength kahan se laoge tum?”

The voice has been processed.  It sounded sharp and creepy.

Sid ignored him. He closed his eyes.  After a while, he opened his eyes and asked: “Woh chaaro log Kahan hain jo doosre cells me locked the?

He voice was very coarse.

The man laughed: “Oh, woh.. unko toh maine ghar bhej diya unke...”

Sid remained quiet.

The man said: “There’s no hurry. Kuch dino me tumhe chaar aur naye neighbours milege.. Now, have some food, or else tum me energy nahi bachegi jo chaar ayenge unhe counseling Dene ki jaise tum pehle chaar ko de rahe the. Huh.. bahut ache aur sachhe police officer ho tum.”

Sid refused to engage with him.

After a while, the man seemed to have lost his patience.

par itne ziddi kyon ho tum bhala?” He yelled at him: “Can you just relax and have some fun? … Thanks to you. Main ab Bhutan me fas gya hoon. Agar tumne police ko woh hint nahi diya hota, toh main yahan hota bhi nahi.. Nafrat hain mujhe Bhutan se.”

Then the plate of fish and rice was pulled out of the cell.  Sid heard noise of shattering glass. He threw the plate of rice on the plate. Then he walked away.

Click.” The light was turned off. The room was pitched dark.

—————

The sunshine was like a gold dust that is sprinkled onto this scenic city.  It’s hard to connect the gruesome murders with this beautiful and sophisticated city,

Monami stood in front of her window in the hotel room. Not far behind her, Karan was taking a shower in the bathroom. 

They have been very busy since they arrived Bhutan . After watching the video, the special team made up of elite officers from Indian Defence Department and the Bhutan Police Force continued with their investigation and gathered evidence about the victims.  Karan and Monami were taking a short break in their hotel. 

The sound of the water stopped.  Karan walked out from the bathroom.  He sat down on bed. He was drying his hair with a towel. Monami walked over and stood in front of him. 

Karan  looked at her:  “Do you want me?”  He touched her cheeks with his hand: “Baby, I am sorry.  I am not in the mood right now.  I promise I will make it up to you once we solve this case.”

Monami quickly clarified: “Of course not!”

When they left the police station, nearly everyone was looking at Karan . The team leader quietly said to her: “This is not his fault.  Please make sure ki woh yeh baat samjhe. Aur khud par unecessary pressure put na kre woh..”