Part 21

Hey guys, thank you for your votes and comments.

Continuing from the last part,

Monami is scared.  She pauses for a moment:  “Main taxi ko call kr lungi."  She turns, estimates which direction the front door is and starts to walk slowly.

"Wait Monami , Mujhe tumhe kuch kehna hain." Kushal’s voice is coming closer towards her. 

    Monami:  “What is it that you want to tell me?” 

    Kushal suddenly laughs: “You are a brave girl. Shagun, you know, tumhari predecessor. Tum dono ek jaise dikhte ho..you look alike, but tum dono ki personality bahut different hain.”

    Monami’s  heart starts to thump.

    “Tum achanak se usse kyon mention kar rahe ho?" Monami asks with a calm voice, "She used to be your girlfriend?"

    Kushal replies: “Nah.  You remind me of her.  That’s all. Wait there, I’ll be out soon.”

    She can hear the sound of something being wheeled out.

    “Jis Kushal ko tum humesha janti woh.. main.., that’s not the real me ......" He says.

    Monami’s getting more and more nervous: ”Then what is the real you like?"

    “Woh toh tumhe pta lag jayega.. Par abhi.. now, lets the show begin.” He smiles.  “Waise kya tum.. Can you not tell, ki pure time yeh mera plan.. taaki.. main aaj raat tumhare sath thoda akele time bitana chahta tha.. don't you know?”

    “Kya tumhare ghar par torch ya candle hain?" Monami tries to sound calm.

    "Nahi, aise jyada fun hain...” Kushal is getting closer and closer.

    Monami starts to run towards the door: "! Don't come near me...... ah"

    Suddenly, she trips over something.  Monami loses her balance and her body falls forward to the ground.  In the chaos, the listening device has dropped out.  It only picks up sound within a small range.  Karan might not be able to hear her anymore.  And with no lights, he can’t see what’s going on. She is completely on her own now! 

     She hears Kushal footsteps coming towards her: ".. maine tumhe kaha tha..mera wait Karo... Aao.. main tumhe help krta hoon.. ruko.. I’ll pull you up."  Suddenly, she feels something falling on top of her. It’s Kushal.  They both cry out of pain.

    Monami’s  whole body tense up and shouts: "Get off me!"

    Kushal is not moving: “Hey, you tripped me with your foot.  Come on, give me a kiss first.”

    Monami can’t bear it anymore.  She kicks him in the chest. 

- Ouch! He quickly grabs her foot to stop her from kicking him again.  Monami tries to break free from him, but he is stronger than her.

*****

After he has lost contact with Monami, Karan quickly gets out of the car and rush to the apartment. 

What’s the situation like up there?”  He asks through the walkie talkie. 

“No. 1. 3, 4 and 5 has limited vision where they are positioned. No.2 can see what’s going on in the lounge with his infra red night vision googles and through the telescope on his sniper gun.Suspect  A is lying on top of Bird.  Do you want him to shoot?”