Part 9

Hey guys, thank you for your votes and comments.

Be aware you may find descriptions of murder, and violence though not much but there is.

Continuing from the last part,

This was a vacant piece of land in the countryside. It was off the beaten track. A pile of old junk sat amongst the trees and overgrown grass.

Karan parked his car on the side of a dirt road and walked over.

The police were everywhere. The place had been thoroughly searched.  There were pits on the ground. One of them had two policemen standing next to it.  Karan walked up and saw a huge black plastic bag next to the pit.  Further back, there were a few more similar looking bags, where the police were examining the content inside. They looked very intense and at the same time, sad. 

Monami's heart sank.

Sid walked up to Karan: “The dismembered body parts belong to a total of eight boys. Recent body ka Estimated death time one week hain. And Baaki bodies kabse h yahan pr yeh pts lagane k liye testing krni padegi.. par Jahan Tak Hume lagta hain uska sabse phle murder ko 12 mahine se jyada ho gaya hain."

Karan nodded and started walking towards the bags.

Seeing that, Monami asked: “kya main yehi ruk sakti hoon?"

Both men looked at her at the same time.

Sid saw her slightly pale face: “tu car ne kyon nahi wait krti?"

Karan kept his hands in his coat pocket to keep warm.  He bent down slightly and looked at her at ‘eye level’: “Tumhe darr lag raha hain.."

Monami softly replied: “I don’t want to see."

Karan said mockingly:”Ah! Woman!”

Sid was surprised at his comment. 

Experience told Monami that there’s more to come.  Sure enough, she heard his voice that carried no feelings: "What a tragedy."

Monami looked at him: “Whatever. Bas mujhe nahi dekhna." And she turns away.

Sid was a little stunned by the way they related to each other.  He took a look at Monami and walked on with Karan.

****

Karan squat on the ground, He was looking through the items in the bag wearing a pair of gloves. Sid squat next to him.

The body parts were cut very neatly.  The surface of the cuts were tidy.  Skins were still intact. Each body was cut into six pieces, including the limbs and torso.

 Sid said "preliminary forensic test results ke mutabik the cause of death is asphyxia. Inki gardan k yahan chot ke nishan hain. Jo ki nylon ke dhaage kiye hue h.. jo market me easily available hain. Abhi tak yeh nahi pta chla ki isne konse tools use kiye for dismembering. Other than that, victims par koi bhi chhot nahi hain."

Another police officer asked : “Professor, aapne kl kaha tha ki murderer k desire inn bodies par reflect honge. Toh aakhir phir murderer kya chahta hain?"

Karan pointed to the body parts: Nothing else was done to them while they were alive or after they died. Na hi koi sexual assault, na hi torture or abuse, na hi koi poisoning. Aur na hi woh koi organ le gya.. So isse saaf hain ki Murderer ka inhe maarne k peeche ek hi maksad hai- to kill and dismember."

Sid looked at the corpses.  He always thought the teenagers might have suffered from sexual assault before they died. But that weren’t the case.

Another policeman asked: " Aapke kehne ka matlab hain usne inn teenagers ko kidnap kiya sirf inhe maarne ke liye? He is not trying to take revenge on society?"