Part 18

Hey guys, thank you for your votes and comments.

Continuing from the last part,

Monami can't remember how long she's been asleep for ...again. A little bedside lamp is on, so it's not completely dark in the room.

But she vaguely remembered that at some point last night, she saw Karan dressed in pyjamas standing on the side of the bed, looking for something. But soon, she fell asleep again.

She turned her head, and was surprised to find something lying beside her on the bed. Actually, it's someone. Actually, it is....Karan.

- What?

She got a fright from this scene.

He was lying very straight, with his hands on either side. The same sleeping position like the last time she saw him. Without the arrogant look on his face, he looked like a big boy when he is asleep.

But, when did he climb onto her bed?

Oh ...... his bed.

Monami tilt her body to look more closely at him. The room was so quiet, she can hear his breathing, and even feel the warmth of his breath coming towards her. Her heartbeat, silently accelerated.

Sweet dreams, Karan.

*****

The rays of the morning light shined through the window. Karan was the first to wake up.

He sat up, then turned around to look at Monami who was sleeping beside him.

It's the first time in his life that he's slept next to woman. He was exhausted last night when he went to bed so he didn't think too much about it.

She was still wearing the white shirt and black knee high skirt, revealing her legs. Her skin is so delicate and smooth. He can see her foot too. Soft, slender and beautiful.

She was sleeping on her side, and her whole person was in a crouching stance. He frowned. This position would put pressure on the heart. It's an unhealthy sleep posture. Karan adjusted her body so she was facing up. He put her hands and feet straight.

- That's much better. He slowly got up and came out of the room.

****

Monami woke up for the third time. The sky was completely bright. She looked at the clock. It's much later than she expected.

She hurried into the bathroom to wash her face. She lifts her head and saw a woman with messy hair and wrinkly clothes starring at her... in the mirror.

Oh great! this is how Karan saw her this morning when he woke up?!

****

Karan was in his black suit, sitting on a sofa reading the newspaper.

Monami went pass him. She needed to go back to her apartment to get changed when she heard a voice coming from behind the newspaper: "Where's my fish dumplings?"

- Oh no! She has completely forgotten about it.

Monami: "...... Main kisi aur din bana dungi eoh.. Abhi humare pass time nahi hain."

She turned and saw that there's already breakfast at the dining table. Mughlai parathas and aloo ki sabzi.. They're from a well-known shop in the neighbourhood. That was famous for these parathas. That a queue is always in front of shop every morning

Karan bothered to queue up to buy breakfast. That's so out of character for him. He used to say that the place is too crowded, too noisy and standing in queue is a time waster.