Part 47 Avni visits

Hey guys, thank you for your votes and comments.
Continuing from the last part,

A cool night.

After a shower, Monami was ready for bed. It’s been two long days without a proper sleep for her. She stood outside Karan’s bedroom door and said to him: ”I am going to bed now. Call me if you need my help. Goodnight.”

Karan was lying on his bed, watching a documentary on TV. He turned to look at her and asked : “Where are you sleeping tonight?”

Monami blushed, then answered: “My room, of course.”

Karan picked up the remote and pressed the pause button. He looked at her and said: “As I recall, before the case, there is probably not a part of your body I haven't kissed or touched for at least three times.  And as for the important parts…. let me think…”His raised his brows: “…eight times.”

Monami blushed: “Stop!  Tum.. tum yeh sab bta rahe ho mujhe?”

This man… he counts how many times he kisses her?

Karan smiled: “Because of my love for you, and my understanding on how much human desires closeness and passion. Waise tumhe yeh admit karna padega ki we have developed a very intimate relationship… physically.  So, we should sleep on the same bed.”

Monami: “…….”

The most embarrassing in the world would be to hear Karan talk about s*x. He was so blunt and straight forward, with no consideration for how it will make her feel.

Monami: “Main nind me.. I might move around aur accidentally tumhari wounds ko touch kar sakti hoon.. aur abhi top priority h ki tum jaldi se theek ho jao. So hume seperate rooms me hi sone ki jarurat hain..” 

They were still looking into each others eyes.

Karan: “That’s nonsense. The last time I held you in my arm, you didn’t move at all.”

Monami: “Well, just in case. Hum risk nahi le sakte hai na.. isliye.. Good night..”

Karan kept quiet this time.  

Monami said before she left: “…. if there’s nothing else you need me to do, I’ll go now.  Goodnight.”

After a couple of steps into the corridor. She could hear his voice: “Are you not even going to give me a good night kiss?”  He said in a dissatisfied and pompous tone.

Monami laughed and turned back to him.  

In the soft light, he looked good in his black pyjamas. She bent down: “Close your eyes.”

He looked at her and closed his eye lids.

When her lips are about to touch his, she noticed the corners of his lips curl up to a little smile.  

Monami felt warm and fuzzy in the heart.  

Karan.  I am happy. Because you are happy.

——————-

The next morning.

A bright sunny day. The whole of Kolkata was enjoying the warmth the sun brought on this lovely autumn day. Faizi parked his Lexus in the apartment carpark. He walked over to open the door for Avni: “We are here.”

Avni was wearing a navy blue dress today, with a white scarf, and a pair of heels. She looked concerned: “Kon uska dhyan rakh Raha hain? Tumne koi helper rakha hain?”