Part 8

Hey guys, thank you for your votes and comments.

But na yaar aap sab ne yeh dhyan that what he called her but kisi ne yeh dhyan diya Karan ne kaha woh serial KILLERS ki field me expertise h..

yeh part interesting bhi lag sakta hai aur boring bhi but mostly parts iss story me aise hi hone h so yeah..

Anyways let's continue from the last part,

The police car is still traveling on the national highway. 

Monami is lost for words.  She cannot believe this.

The policeman that is driving the car asks Karan: “Mr. Shergill, aap ka matlab hain..woh bachhe mat chuke hain.."

Karan says slowly: "I am afraid so."

The scenery outside the window changes rapidly. Monami asks: "Maana ki yeh saare crimes ek hi person kar raha h par woh trafficker kyon nahi ho sakta.. tum itne sure kyon ho ki woh serial killer ho hoga?"

Karan’s pale handsome face has no expression.  Looking outside the window, his eyes seem to be staring into a different world.

Karan:  "kyonkii main unhe samjhta hoon."

******

Monami called Sid.

Even though she has her doubts, she calls Sid to tell him what Karan just told her. 

Sid stood in the office with his speakerphone function on.  The whole police station was in uproars after hearing Karan’s words: "kyon? Mtlb woh iss conclusion pr kaise aaye?"

Monami: “Wait." She put down the phone and looked at Karan: "Unhe tumhare iss conclusion k peeche k reasons jaane hai.."

Karan leaned his body back and closed his eyes: “Main iski briefing baad me dunga abhi unhe bolo ki bodies ko dhoondhe.."

 “Bodies?”  The police can’t believe what they heard.  Neither are they familiar with the concept of briefing.  They still have their doubts about whether they should change their direction of investigation.  “Monami, this is too big a decision to make without understanding the facts fully.  Chief is with me.  He asks if Mr. Shergill can explain his findings to us first?”

Monami pondered. She looked at Karan again: “tum unhe phone par brief kr sakte ho kya?"

Karan opened his eyes: "Jab last time maine briefing kari thi.. tab main Maryland University k central hall me tha.. aur tum chahti ho Miss Mahajan ki main.."  He glanced outside the window: "......  Abhi National Highway ke Tolling booth k saamne briefing doon.. really?"

Monami wanted to laugh: “So, kyon.. agar aap yahan Tolling booth ke yahan par  briefing krenge toh kya aap less convincing sound krenge?"

Karan pulled out his sleep mask from his coat pocket and turned his head away from Monami.  His response is clear.  Stop bothering me.  

Monami looked at the time.  It’s only another hour till they will arrive the police station.  She can’t possibly tell them directly that he is reluctant to do it over the phone.  So she said: “ Mr. Shergill abhi briefing ka content prepare kar rahe hain.. and then, we also need to return to the villa to collect some information that we will use at the briefing. waise toh hum almost town pahunch gaye hain.. toh jitna jaldi ho payega hum police station aa jaengeto present to you all our findings.”

Monami put down the phone and gave a sigh.  Karan removed his googles and said in a deep voice: “Liar, pants on fire!”

Monami : “Just shut up!”