Part 6

The rain has stopped. Back to a clear blue sky. The water droplets on the leaves sparkle under the sun.

Walking along the tree lined avenue, Monami enjoys the lovely scenery and feels a sense of peace and contentment within her.

She will say goodbye to Karan soon. Even 'Frankenstein' deserves a final farewell.

The villa stands amidst greenery. It is a lovely place.

Monami walks towards the entrance.

The front door is wide open.

Usually, the door is closed when she comes over. She knocks on the door, and it will automatically open. Karan has a remote control in his room. It's never wide open like this.

She walks through and sees a number of people in the living room. They are whispering amongst themselves.

An unprecedented situation.

Monami stopped and stood at the door, listening carefully. One of the people turns around and sees her. "Eta Tumi!!" (It's you)

Then a few people come out from the house, Monami recognises them. They are the security guards she met this morning.

*****

The security guards are familiar with Monami. She always goes to the society they guard. That's where her step father lives. Some of them know her by name. One of the oldest guards raises his voice: " Monami, ,Monami, tum yaha par kaise ?"

They look tense. Some of them have wooden sticks with them. Monami says: " Eh.. woh main yahan par.. bas yunhi dekhne aayi thi.. waise eh.. aap log yahan par kyon? Kya  I came by to eh... have a look..... eh... Binoy kaka ka beta abhi tak nahi mila.."

Binoy is the father of the missing boy.

One of them answers. "Ekhano na... Yeh Frankenstein ghar par nahi hain.." ( Frankestein Karan ko bol rahe h)

Monami is about to ask another question. Another security guards suddenly thinks of an idea. " Kya tum sahayta kar sakti ho?"

Monami looks at him, nods firmly: "kyon nahi kaka.. aap boliye kya sahayta chahiye mujhse."

The security guard knows that Monami has a good friend that works in the Police Department. If she is willing to put in a word for them, the police might help them to search faster.

They give her the details of what happened.

The child went missing yesterday afternoon. All the relatives and friends had searched in every possible place they could think of. Still, there was no trace of the boy. The only clue is from a shopkeeper near the train station. He saw the child going into a gaming parlour in the morning. He also saw "Frankenstein" there at the time, talking to the young boy.

Monami asks: "Woh dokaandaara ko kaise pata ki bacche ne jisse baat Kari thi woh iss Ghar ka maalik hain.."

A security guard replies: "Monami, tumi ki jaano na.. yeh bonda hi h jo woh trench coat aur mask pehenta hain jab bhi bohar jaa h tab.. adhobot manusa, sabhi jante hain yeh iss parbat parcrehta hai .. Sabhi ko lghta hai yeh manusa pagala hain.. jroor issi manusa ne hi agawa kiya hain.."

Monami is shocked - She is only back in town for the school term break. She has no idea.

*****

Monami entered the house with them.

The house still looks the same as when she left in the morning. The security guards look around to see if they can find any clues. Two of the guards walk up the stairs to the second floor.