Part 15

Hey guys, thank you for your votes and comments.
Continuing from the last part,

Karan and Monami walk pass a European design screen with white floral cravings. A beautiful crystal chandelier hangs from the ceiling in the middle of the lounge. The large lounge is furnished with expensive but tasteful furniture. An elegant lady sits at a small round table in the middle of the lounge.

Avni was wearing a red strapless dress. Beautiful, sexy, yet seems unapproachable and not very easy to get along with. But when she sees Karan, she embraced her femininity.  She glances at him obliquely: “Finally, you are willing have a meal with me.”

Karan pulled out a chair and sat down.  He told Monami: “Take a seat.”

Avni stood up, shook hands with Monami and smiled: “Nice to meet you.”

Monami responded with a smile: "Hello, chairman Goenka, I am Monami."

The three of them sqt down.

Avni looked at Karan: "Mujhe laga tha ki tumhari assistant tumhari tarah ek arrogant eccentric weirdo hogi..”

Monami smiled: "I certainly am not."

Karan glanced at Avni, and said in a  sarcastic tone: “Tum mujhe aisa dekhti ho?”

 Karan suddenly thought of something.  He turned to look at Monami: “Is this how you see me too?”

 Monami answered softly: “Well, woh kon tha jisne mujhse consult kiye bina mujhe different division me transfer krwaya?"

 Avni was surprised to see how they relate to each other. She told Monami: “Miss Mahajan, mujhe Karan ki help company me investigation k liye chahiye. He insisted that only if you can be his assistant, will he then accept the case, therefore I have no choice but to authorise the transfer.”

   - Insisted that she works with him before he would accept?

    Monami was secretly pleased.

 Avni said: "But I thought ki yeh phle atleast tumse consult karenga. Mujhe Kahan idea tha ki he didn’t speak to you beforehand..."

Karan interrupted her: "We have come to an agreement. Now let’s get back to business.”

Avni laughed. She said to Monami: “ Let me formally introduce myself. Main Avni Goenka, Karan ki sister.”

Monami has a suspicion that they are related, but she never thought they are brothers and sisters, because Karan never mentioned he has a sibling. As if aware of her doubts, Avni smiled: “Actually, main iski step sister hoon. Karan k papa aur meri mom.. they married each other. Bahut km log hain jinhe yeh baat pta hain. But, we grew up in America together."

***"

 Before dinner is served, Avni talked about the case.

 “The police have confirmed that Shagun’s death is a suicide. However, I still want to clarify a few things:

   1. Usne suicide note me mention kiya hain ki bahut pressure ki wajah se usne suicide kiya. I do not know if this pressure is work related.  Agar work ki wajah se hain toh mujhe iske baare me aur jaanana hain. And yeh bhi ki division 3 ka management style kya iska ek reason hain kya. Mujhe iss suicide k peeche ka specific reason jaan na hain.

    2. Uski cause of death drug overdose hain. I do not want to make this fact public because I have heard a lot of rumours about staff in our company taking drugs. mujhe yeh jaana hain ki iss division me koi aur bhi hain jo drugs leta hain. Mujhe lgta Hain ki company me ek secret drug network hain.. uska pta lgana hain.