Part 61 Little Moments

Hey guys, thank you for your votes and comments.
Continuing from the last part,

Aditya Sen. English name - Jabber.  Born in California, US.  Age - 26.”  A Bhutan officer was presenting the information as an image of a handsome Asian man was projected onto the screen: “Iske father Zinda the tab tak Royal Corporation ke chairman rahe the. Iski personal asset ki worth over 1 billion US dollars hain. Iski mother ek biologist thi. Jab chaar saal ka tha tab iske Parents ka divorce ho gya tha. Uss waqt uski maa ne apne custody rights give up kar diye the..”

( Kyonki comment bola tha ki kyon Amber Rawat ko hi sab koi villain bnate ho.. so here I changed name.. maine Bengali movie k villain ke name dhundhe aur yeh name rakh diya.. as mujhe samjh nahi aata ki name kya rakhu)

Based on Karan’s interactions with No.1 last night, and the deductions he made previously, the FBI and the Bhutan have set up a special unit to work together on the case. And they have found a person that fits all the description.

The officer continued: “Even though humare pass uska naam hain ab.. par uske khilaf arrest warrant issue karna difficult hain.. Yeh 2016 me disappear ho gya tha. Iske saare personal assets bhi overseas move kar diye the, kisi ne usko wapas nahi dekha.. hume shak hain ki usne kabhi plastic surgery karwai hain. Look at this...”

He showed a different image on the screen. It’s a photo taken during the 2023 Bhutan Galaxy writers Award Ceremony.  The photo of “Amber Rawat” fits the description of the family that was kidnapped earlier, but it looked very different from Aditya’s.

Experts ka kehna hain ki iske face ke kuch features hain that look like it’s pasted on. For example, uske eyebrows. There might be other features that have been ‘camouflaged’ as well. But even just by looking at the shape of his face, it’s obvious that there are a number of changes to how he used to look. The possibility of plastic surgery is extremely high.” 

Dorji Tashi said: “So, even though  humare uska naam hain, identity hain aur toh aur uska DNA bhi hain, par hum usse dhund nahi sakte hain kyonki hum abhi bhi yeh nahi jante ki woh dikhta kaisa hain. Aur yeh bhi ek possibility hain ku woh koi bata naam aur fake identity use kar raha ho. We are looking for a needle in a haystack!”

Everyone was quiet. The team leader look at Karan: “Professor, do you have any ideas?”

Karan answered faintly: “I agree with  Sergeant Dorji’s views. But usse apna most current plan ko humari wajah se abort karna pada. Usse wapas kuch aisa Naya aur jyada complex ya cruel organise karne ke liye thoda time chahiye hoga. So we must seize time to check the top 1% of the rich people in Bhutan. Yeh speed ka competition hain. Agar hum usse jaldi find kar paye toh hum next wave of murders ko rok paayenge.”

——————-

The sun warmed the sheets on the bed. There was a smell of disinfectant and medication in the air. The usually pungent scent brought peace to the minds of those who were there. 

Monami was sitting on the side of the bed. She looked at Sid. He was asleep at the moment. All his injuries were treated. He was still the handsome officer she knew. Just that he has lost a lot of weight and his face was heartbreakingly pale.

She held on to his hand. 

Karan was sitting in a sofa behind her. He was quietly accompanying his girlfriend. Occasionally, he woos look up at the man that’s lying in bed.  Hmm… Sid was still an annoying guy.  But he would tolerate him for two reasons.

First. He was Monami’s good friend.

Second.  He is the only other person (besides himself) who survived after being imprisoned by the Flower Cannibal for a long period of time.